Welcome to this tutorial on how to record screen audio on Mac. In this article, we will explore different methods that allow you to capture audio from your Mac’s screen, whether it be for creating tutorials, recording gameplay, or any other purpose that requires capturing both the video and audio.
Method 1: Using QuickTime Player
One of the easiest ways to record screen audio on Mac is by using the built-in QuickTime Player. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Open QuickTime Player from your Applications folder or by searching for it in Spotlight.
- Step 2: Click on “File” in the menu bar and select “New Screen Recording”.
- Step 3: Click on the down arrow next to the record button and make sure that “Internal Microphone” is selected as the audio input source.
- Step 4: Click on the record button and select the area of your screen that you want to record.
- Step 5: To start recording both video and audio, click on the “Start Recording” button.
- Step 6: Once you have finished recording, click on the stop button in the menu bar and save your recording.
Note: QuickTime Player allows you to adjust various settings such as video quality, frame rate, and more. Feel free to explore these options for a more customized recording experience.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Software
If you need more advanced features or additional control over your screen recordings, there are several third-party software options available. One popular choice is OBS Studio. Here’s how you can use OBS Studio to record screen audio on Mac:
- Step 1: Download and install OBS Studio from the official website.
- Step 2: Launch OBS Studio and go to the “Sources” section in the bottom left corner of the interface.
- Step 3: Click on the “+” button and select “Display Capture” or “Window Capture” depending on your recording needs.
- Step 4: Enable the “Capture Audio” option by clicking on the gear icon next to your selected source and selecting the appropriate audio input.
- Step 5: Adjust any other settings such as video resolution, frame rate, and output format as desired.
- Step 6: Click on “Start Recording” in the controls section to begin capturing both screen video and audio.
- Step 7: When you’re finished recording, click on “Stop Recording” to save your file.
Note: OBS Studio offers a wide range of customization options for advanced users. Spend some time exploring its settings to make the most out of your screen recordings.
If you encounter any issues while recording screen audio on Mac, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
No Audio Being Recorded
If you find that no audio is being recorded, make sure that your Mac’s audio output is set correctly. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and select the appropriate device.
Poor Audio Quality
To improve audio quality, consider using an external microphone or adjusting your Mac’s microphone settings. You can also experiment with different software settings for better results.
Incompatible File Formats
If you’re having trouble opening or playing back your recorded files, try converting them to a more common file format using a video converter tool.
With these methods and troubleshooting tips, you should now be able to confidently record screen audio on your Mac. Whether you choose QuickTime Player or third-party software like OBS Studio, capturing both video and audio will be a breeze. Happy recording!