Have you ever accidentally deleted a message on your iPhone and wished there was a way to read it again? Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we will show you how to read deleted messages on your iPhone using a few simple steps.
Step 1: Check the “Recently Deleted” Folder
If you have recently deleted a message, it might still be available in the “Recently Deleted” folder. To check this folder, follow these steps:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Edit” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Look for the “Recently Deleted” option and tap on it.
- You will now see a list of all the messages that have been recently deleted. Find the message you want to read and tap on it.
- The deleted message will now open, and you can read it just like any other message.
Step 2: Use iCloud Backup
If the message you are looking for is not available in the “Recently Deleted” folder, don’t worry! You can still retrieve it using iCloud backup. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have an iCloud backup that includes your messages. To check this, go to “Settings” on your iPhone, tap on “Your Name“, then select “iCloud“, and finally choose “iCloud Backup“. If the toggle next to “iCloud Backup” is turned off, turn it on and initiate a backup by tapping on “Back Up Now“. Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding to the next step.
- Now, you need to erase all content and settings on your iPhone.
Before doing this, make sure you have a recent backup of your device either on iCloud or iTunes. To erase your iPhone, go to “Settings“, tap on “General“, select “Reset“, and choose “Erase All Content and Settings“. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the erasing process.
- After erasing your iPhone, set it up as a new device or restore it from the iCloud backup you created earlier. To restore from iCloud backup, turn on your iPhone and follow the setup instructions until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. Tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup” and sign in with your Apple ID. Select the most recent backup that contains your deleted messages and wait for the restoration process to finish.
- Once the restoration is complete, open the Messages app on your iPhone, and you should be able to find the deleted message you were looking for.
Step 3: Use Third-Party Applications
If none of the above methods work for you, there are several third-party applications available that claim to recover deleted messages on iPhones. These applications can scan your device or iCloud backup for deleted messages and allow you to read them again. However, be cautious when using third-party apps and only download them from trusted sources.
Note: It’s important to remember that reading deleted messages is only possible if they have not been permanently erased from your iPhone or overwritten by new data. Therefore, it’s crucial to act quickly once a message is deleted if you want to have a higher chance of recovering it.
With the methods mentioned above, you can now retrieve and read deleted messages on your iPhone. Whether you find the message in the “Recently Deleted” folder, restore it from an iCloud backup, or use a third-party application, you have options to recover those important conversations. Good luck!