Do Not Disturb is a handy feature on your iPhone that allows you to silence calls, alerts, and notifications when you need some uninterrupted time. Whether you’re in an important meeting, sleeping, or simply want to disconnect for a while, enabling Do Not Disturb can help you achieve that peace of mind. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to put your iPhone on Do Not Disturb.
Step 1: Accessing the Control Center
To get started, swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone’s screen. This will open the Control Center menu.
Step 2: Enabling Do Not Disturb
Within the Control Center, locate the crescent moon icon. This icon represents Do Not Disturb. Tap on it once to enable this feature.
Note: You can also access the Do Not Disturb settings by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
Step 3: Customizing Do Not Disturb Settings
If you want to further customize how Do Not Disturb works on your iPhone, follow these additional steps:
- Manual: This option keeps Do Not Disturb enabled until you manually turn it off.
- Scheduled: With this option, you can set specific times when Do Not Disturb will automatically activate and deactivate. Tap on “From” and “To” to set your preferred schedule.
- Always: All calls and notifications will be silenced while Do Not Disturb is enabled.
- While iPhone is locked: This option silences calls and notifications only when your iPhone is locked.
Allow Calls From
- Everyone: All calls will be allowed, even when Do Not Disturb is enabled.
- No One: No calls will come through while Do Not Disturb is enabled.
- Favorites: Only calls from people in your Favorites list will be allowed.
This option allows a second call from the same person within three minutes to bypass Do Not Disturb. Enable this setting if you don’t want to miss urgent calls from the same person.
Step 4: Disabling Do Not Disturb
To turn off Do Not Disturb, follow these steps:
In the Control Center, tap on the crescent moon icon again. This will disable Do Not Disturb, allowing calls and notifications to come through as usual.
Congratulations! You now know how to put your iPhone on Do Not Disturb.
Use this feature whenever you need some uninterrupted time or want to minimize distractions. Enjoy the peace and quiet!