Are you tired of being constantly interrupted by notifications on your iPhone? Do you wish for some uninterrupted peace and quiet?
Well, you’re in luck! The iPhone comes with a handy feature called “Do Not Disturb” that allows you to silence incoming calls, messages, and notifications. In this article, we will guide you through the process of putting your iPhone on Do Not Disturb.
Step 1: Accessing the Control Center
To begin, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to open the Control Center. The Control Center is a convenient panel that gives you quick access to various settings and features of your device.
Step 2: Toggling Do Not Disturb
Once the Control Center is open, look for the crescent moon icon. This icon represents the Do Not Disturb mode.
Tap on it to toggle it on or off. When Do Not Disturb is activated, the crescent moon icon will be highlighted in white.
If you don’t see the crescent moon icon in your Control Center, you may need to add it manually. To do so, go to “Settings”, then “Control Center”, and finally tap on “Customize Controls”. From there, you can add or remove icons from the Control Center.
Step 3: Scheduling Do Not Disturb
If you prefer not to manually toggle Do Not Disturb every time, you can schedule it to automatically activate at specific times. To set up a schedule for Do Not Disturb:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “Do Not Disturb”.
- Toggle on “Scheduled”.
- Choose the “From” and “To” times for when you want Do Not Disturb to be active.
Once you’ve set up the schedule, Do Not Disturb will automatically activate and deactivate at the designated times.
Step 4: Allowing Calls From Certain Contacts
By default, when Do Not Disturb is enabled, your iPhone will silence all incoming calls. However, you can choose to allow calls from specific contacts even when in this mode. To do so:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Allow Calls From”.
- Choose either “Favorites” to allow calls from your favorite contacts or “All Contacts” to allow calls from everyone in your contact list.
This way, you won’t miss important calls while still enjoying the benefits of Do Not Disturb.
Step 5: Repeating Alerts
If you don’t want to miss any important notifications while your iPhone is on Do Not Disturb, you can enable repeating alerts. This feature will cause your device to play a sound or vibrate at regular intervals until you acknowledge the notification. To enable repeating alerts:
- Navigate to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Select “Notifications”.
- Choose the desired app for which you want to enable repeating alerts.
- Toggle on “Allow Notifications” if it’s not already enabled.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sounds”.
- Select a sound that you find attention-grabbing.
- Scroll up and tap on “Repeat Alerts”.
- Choose the number of times you want the alert to repeat.
Now, you will never miss an important notification even when Do Not Disturb is active!
With these steps, you can easily put your iPhone on Do Not Disturb and enjoy uninterrupted periods of peace and focus. Whether you need some quiet time to concentrate on work or simply want to avoid distractions during your leisure hours, the Do Not Disturb feature has got you covered!