Have you ever wanted to set your favorite song as your iPhone ringtone? Well, you’re in luck!
With just a few simple steps, you can personalize your iPhone by using any song in your music library as a ringtone. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of putting a song as a ringtone on your iPhone.
Step 1: Choosing the Song
The first step is to select the perfect song that you want to use as your ringtone. Keep in mind that the length of the ringtone cannot exceed 30 seconds. So, choose a section of the song that you love and would make for a great ringtone.
- Pick an Upbeat Section: A lively and energetic part of the song will ensure that your ringtone catches attention.
- Avoid Lyrics: Instrumental sections or catchy melodies work best as ringtones, so avoid choosing parts with lyrics.
Step 2: Preparing the Song
Next, we need to prepare the selected song by trimming it down to the desired length. Here’s how:
- Open iTunes: Launch iTunes on your computer and locate the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- Edit Song Information: Right-click on the song and select “Get Info”. In the pop-up window, go to the “Options” tab.
- Select Start and Stop Time: Check both boxes next to “Start Time” and “Stop Time” options.
Enter the desired start time (beginning of the section) and stop time (end of the section) of the song. Remember, it should not exceed 30 seconds.
- Apply Changes: Click “OK” to save the changes you made to the song. Then, right-click on the song again and choose “Create AAC Version”.
Step 3: Converting to Ringtone Format
Now that we have our trimmed song ready, it’s time to convert it into a ringtone format that is compatible with your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Locate the Song File: Right-click on the newly created AAC version of your song and select “Show in Finder” (Mac) or “Show in File Explorer” (Windows).
- Rename File Extension: Change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Confirm any prompt asking for permission to change the extension.
- Add Ringtone to iTunes: Double-click on the renamed file. It will automatically be added to your iTunes library under the “Tones” tab.
Step 4: Syncing and Setting as Ringtone
We’re almost there! Now we need to sync our newly created ringtone with your iPhone and set it as your default ringtone. Here’s how:
- Connect Your iPhone: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Select Your Device: Click on your device icon that appears in iTunes.
- Navigate to Tones: In the left sidebar, click on “Tones” under your device’s name.
- Sync Tones: Check the box next to “Sync Tones” and choose either “All tones” or “Selected tones”. If you choose the latter, make sure to select the newly created ringtone from the list.
- Apply Changes: Click on the “Apply” or “Sync” button to save and sync the changes with your iPhone.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully set a song as your ringtone on your iPhone. Now, whenever someone calls you, your custom ringtone will play, giving your iPhone a unique touch!
Note: You can also set specific ringtones for individual contacts by going to their contact details and selecting “Ringtone” within the edit menu.
Now that you know how to put a song as a ringtone on your iPhone, go ahead and add some personal flair to your device. Enjoy hearing your favorite tunes whenever someone calls!