Do you need to print texts from your iPhone? Whether you want to keep a hard copy of an important conversation or simply need a physical record of a text message, printing texts from your iPhone is easier than you might think. In this tutorial, I will guide you through the step-by-step process of printing texts from your iPhone using different methods.
Method 1: Printing Texts Using AirPrint
If you have a printer that supports AirPrint, printing texts directly from your iPhone is a breeze. Follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Navigate to the conversation containing the text messages you want to print.
- Step 3: Tap and hold the specific text message until the options menu appears.
- Step 4: Tap on “More..” in the options menu.
- Step 5: Select all the text messages you want to print by tapping on each message. The selected messages will be highlighted with a blue checkmark.
- Step 6: Once you’ve selected all the desired messages, tap on the forward arrow icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 7: In the sharing options, tap on “Print”.
- Step 8: Choose your AirPrint-enabled printer from the available options.
- Step 9: Adjust any print settings if necessary, such as paper size or number of copies.
- Step 10: Finally, tap on “Print” to start printing the selected text messages.
Method 2: Printing Texts Using Third-Party Apps
If your printer doesn’t support AirPrint or you prefer using third-party apps for printing, there are several apps available on the App Store that can help you accomplish this. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Install a text message printing app from the App Store. Some popular options include “PrintCentral”, “Printer Pro”, and “ePrint”.
- Step 2: Open the app and follow the setup instructions to connect your iPhone to your printer.
- Step 3: Once set up, open the Messages app and navigate to the conversation with the texts you want to print.
- Step 4: Tap and hold on a specific text message until the options menu appears.
- Step 5: Select all the messages you want to print by tapping on each one.
They will be highlighted or selected as you go.
- Step 6: After selecting all desired messages, look for an option within the app to print them. This might be a printer icon or a “Print” button.
- Step 7: Tap on it and adjust any necessary settings, such as paper size or orientation.
- Step 8: Finally, tap on “Print” to initiate the printing process.
Tips for Printing Texts from iPhone
If you encounter any issues while printing texts from your iPhone, consider the following tips:
- Verify Printer Compatibility: Ensure that your printer supports either AirPrint or the third-party app you are using.
- Check Network Connection: Make sure both your iPhone and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Update Software: Keep your iPhone’s software up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
- Clear Printer Queue: If a previous print job is causing problems, try clearing the printer queue before attempting to print again.
Printing texts from your iPhone is a convenient way to preserve important conversations. Whether you use AirPrint or opt for third-party apps, you can easily print your text messages with just a few taps.
Remember to check printer compatibility and network connectivity for seamless printing. Now you can have physical copies of your text messages whenever you need them!