Are you looking for a way to permanently delete photos from your Android device? Whether you want to free up storage space or ensure your photos are completely erased, this tutorial will guide you through the process. In this article, we will explore different methods to securely delete photos from your Android device.
Method 1: Deleting Photos from Gallery
If you have photos that are saved in your Android device’s gallery, you can follow these steps to permanently delete them:
- Open the Gallery App: Locate and open the Gallery app on your Android device.
- Select Photos: Browse through the albums or folders and select the photos you want to delete. You can tap and hold on a photo to select multiple photos at once.
- Delete Photos: Once you have selected the desired photos, tap on the trash bin icon or the “Delete” option to remove them permanently.
- Confirm Deletion: A prompt will appear asking for confirmation. Tap “OK” to confirm and permanently delete the selected photos.
Method 2: Using a File Manager App
If some of your photos are stored in other folders or locations on your Android device, you can use a file manager app to locate and delete them:
- Install a File Manager App: Search for a file manager app on the Google Play Store and install it on your Android device. Some popular file manager apps include ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, and Astro File Manager.
- Open File Manager App: Launch the installed file manager app from your app drawer.
- Navigate to Photos Folder: Use the file manager app to navigate to the folder or location where the photos you want to delete are stored.
- Select and Delete: Tap and hold on a photo to select it, and then select the other photos you want to delete.
Once selected, tap on the trash bin icon or the “Delete” option to permanently remove them.
- Confirm Deletion: A confirmation prompt will appear.
Method 3: Using Secure File Shredder Apps
If you want to ensure that your deleted photos cannot be recovered by any means, you can use secure file shredder apps. These apps overwrite the deleted files with random data, making them irrecoverable:
- Install a Secure File Shredder App: Search for a secure file shredder app on the Google Play Store and install it on your Android device. Some popular options include Secure Delete, File Shredder, and Secure Eraser.
- Select Photos in App: Open the secure file shredder app and select the photos you want to permanently delete.
- Start Shredding Process: Once you have selected the photos, start the shredding process. The app will overwrite them with random data multiple times, ensuring they are securely erased.
Note: Backup Your Photos
Before deleting any photos permanently, it is recommended to back up your important pictures in case of accidental deletion or loss. You can use cloud storage services like Google Photos or Dropbox for automatic backups.
By following these methods, you can confidently delete photos from your Android device while ensuring they are permanently erased. Remember to always double-check the photos you want to delete and make backups of any important pictures before proceeding with the deletion process.