YouTube is a popular video streaming platform that allows you to watch your favorite videos on your Android device. However, sometimes you may want to minimize the YouTube app while watching a video, so that you can multitask or use other apps without interrupting the playback. In this tutorial, we will show you how to minimize YouTube on Android with just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Open YouTube App
To get started, locate the YouTube app icon on your Android device and tap on it to open the app.
Step 2: Search for a Video
Once the YouTube app is open, use the search bar at the top of the screen to enter keywords or the title of the video you want to watch. Tap on the search result that corresponds to your desired video.
Step 3: Start Playing a Video
After selecting a video, tap on it to start playing. The video will open in full-screen mode by default.
Step 4: Minimize YouTube
To minimize YouTube and continue watching the video while using other apps, follow these steps:
- Tap on the Home button: Locate the Home button on your Android device (usually located at the bottom center), and tap on it once. This will take you back to your device’s home screen without interrupting playback.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen: Once you are on your home screen, swipe down from the top of your screen to access your notifications panel.
- Expand notifications and tap on ‘YouTube Miniplayer’: In the notifications panel, look for ‘YouTube Miniplayer’ or similar text related to YouTube. Tap on it to open the minimized video player.
Step 5: Adjust Minimized Video Player
Once you have opened the YouTube miniplayer, you can make some adjustments to its size and position on your screen:
- Resize the video player: To resize the video player, pinch in or out on the screen using two fingers. This will make the video player smaller or larger as per your preference.
- Move the video player: To move the video player around your screen, tap and hold it with one finger, then drag it to your desired position.
Please note that not all Android devices may have the exact same interface or options for minimizing YouTube. The steps provided here are based on a standard Android interface and should work for most devices. However, some devices may have slightly different methods or gestures to achieve similar functionality.
Now you know how to minimize YouTube on your Android device while watching a video. This feature allows you to multitask and use other apps without interrupting your playback experience. Whether you want to reply to messages, check emails, or browse social media, you can do so while still enjoying your favorite YouTube videos.
Remember, if you encounter any difficulties in minimizing YouTube or if these steps don’t work for your specific device, consult your device’s user manual or search online for device-specific instructions.