Are you tired of using the same old ringtones on your iPhone? Well, you’re in luck!
With just a few simple steps, you can create your own custom ringtone and stand out from the crowd. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of making your own ringtone on an iPhone.
Step 1: Choose a Song
To start, you’ll need to choose a song that you want to use as your ringtone. It can be any song in your music library, but keep in mind that shorter songs work best as ringtones. Once you’ve made your selection, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Trim the Song
Using the built-in trimming feature on your iPhone, you can easily select the specific part of the song that you want to use as your ringtone. Here’s how:
- Open the Music app on your iPhone.
- Select the song that you want to use as your ringtone.
- Tap on “Edit” at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Drag the sliders to set the start and end points of your ringtone. You can preview it by tapping on “Play” button.
- Tap on “Save” to confirm your selection.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully trimmed your chosen song for use as a ringtone.
Step 3: Convert to AAC Format
In order to use your trimmed song as a ringtone, it needs to be in AAC format. Follow these steps to convert it:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sounds & Haptics”.
- Select “Ringtone” under the Sounds and Vibration Patterns section.
- Find the trimmed song under the Ringtones section and tap on it.
- Select “Export” from the options that appear.
Your trimmed song will now be converted into AAC format, ready for use as a ringtone.
Step 4: Rename and Set as Ringtone
To complete the process, you’ll need to rename your converted song and set it as your ringtone. Here’s how:
- Open Files app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the “Browse” tab.
- Select “On My iPhone”.
- Create a new folder, if desired, by tapping on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen and selecting “New Folder”. Name it something like “Ringtones”.
- Navigate to the folder, if you created one, or select an existing folder where you want to save your ringtone file.
- Tap on “Save To”, then select “Save as Ringtone”. You can rename your ringtone here if you wish.
- Your custom ringtone is now saved and can be found in the designated folder in your Files app.
Now that you’ve created your own ringtone, it’s time to set it as your default or assign it to specific contacts.
Setting as Default Ringtone
To set your custom ringtone as the default one, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Find your custom ringtone under the Ringtones section and tap on it to select it.
Assigning to Specific Contacts
If you want to assign your custom ringtone to specific contacts, here’s how:
- Open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Select the contact that you want to assign a custom ringtone to.
- Edit the contact, then tap on “Ringtone” or “Text Tone” depending on your preference.
- Select your custom ringtone from the list of available options.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created and set your own custom ringtone on your iPhone. Now you can enjoy a unique and personalized sound whenever someone calls or texts you!
We hope this tutorial has been helpful for you. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Happy ringing!