Are you tired of having a cluttered iPhone home screen? One way to keep your files and documents organized is by creating new folders.
In this tutorial, we will guide you step-by-step on how to make a new folder on your iPhone. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Locate the App or Files You Want to Organize
Before creating a new folder, it’s essential to gather the apps or files that you want to organize. Go through your home screen or app library and identify the apps or files that you want to group together.
Step 2: Tap and Hold an App
To start creating a new folder, tap and hold on any app until all the apps start jiggling. This action will activate the editing mode on your iPhone.
Step 3: Drag an App onto Another App
While in editing mode, drag one app and move it onto another app that you want to include in the same folder. For example, if you want to create a folder for photography apps, drag one photography-related app onto another photography-related app.
Step 4: Release Your Finger
Once you have dragged one app onto another, release your finger from the screen. This action will automatically create a new folder with both apps inside.
If you want to add more apps to the newly created folder, simply drag them into the folder one by one.
Step 5: Name Your Folder
Your newly created folder will have a default name based on the category of apps it contains. To rename it according to your preference, tap on the folder once to open it.
- Tap the Folder Name: Once inside the folder, tap on the folder name located at the top-center of the screen.
- Edit the Folder Name: A text field will appear where you can edit and rename your folder. Use the keyboard to enter a new name that accurately describes the apps or files within.
- Save Your Changes: After renaming your folder, tap anywhere outside the text field or hit “Done” on your keyboard to save your changes.
Step 6: Rearrange Your Folders (Optional)
If you want to rearrange the order of your folders on the home screen, enter editing mode again by tapping and holding any app until they start jiggling.
- Drag and Move Folders: While in editing mode, drag and move folders around to place them in your desired order. Release your finger when you have reached the desired location.
- Exit Editing Mode: To exit editing mode, press the home button or swipe up from the bottom (depending on your iPhone model) to lock in your changes.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created a new folder on your iPhone. By organizing your apps or files into folders, you can have a clutter-free home screen and easily find what you need.
This tutorial showcased how to create a new folder, rename it, add more apps/files to it, and rearrange folders on your iPhone. Start organizing today!