Welcome to this tutorial on how to make your Mac keyboard light up! If you’re someone who loves customization and wants to add a touch of style to your Mac, this is the perfect guide for you. In this article, we will explore the step-by-step process of enabling the keyboard backlight on your Mac.
Step 1: Check Compatibility
Before we begin, it’s essential to confirm whether your Mac model supports keyboard backlighting. Not all Mac models have this feature available. To check if your Mac supports keyboard backlighting, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Step 2: Select “About This Mac” from the dropdown menu.
- Step 3: A window will appear with information about your Mac model. Look for “Keyboard Backlight” or similar terms.
If you find this feature listed, congratulations! Your Mac supports keyboard backlighting, and you can proceed with the next steps.
Step 2: Access Keyboard Settings
To enable the keyboard backlight on your Mac, you need to access the Keyboard settings. Follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Click on the Apple menu again.
- Step 2: Select “System Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
- Step 3: In the System Preferences window, click on “Keyboard.”
If you are using macOS Mojave or earlier versions, you will find “Keyboard & Mouse” instead of just “Keyboard.”
Step 3: Adjust Keyboard Backlight Settings
Once you are in the Keyboard settings, you can now adjust the keyboard backlighting according to your preference. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: In the Keyboard settings, navigate to the “Keyboard” tab.
- Step 2: Check the box next to “Adjust keyboard brightness in low light.”
- Step 3: Use the slider under “Turn keyboard backlight off after inactive for” to set a time interval for when you want the backlight to turn off automatically.
If you wish to control the keyboard backlight manually instead of setting it to turn off automatically, uncheck the box next to “Turn keyboard backlight off after inactive for.”
The availability of these options may vary depending on your Mac model and macOS version.
Step 4: Test Your Keyboard Backlight
Once you have adjusted the settings, it’s time to test your newly enabled keyboard backlight. Turn off or dim any external lights in your room and press a key on your keyboard. The backlight should illuminate, providing a visually appealing experience while typing in low-light conditions.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to make your Mac keyboard light up.
By following these simple steps, you can now enjoy using your Mac with an illuminated and customizable keyboard. Remember, not all Mac models support this feature, so make sure to check compatibility before proceeding.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful and that you enjoy your new keyboard backlighting! Happy typing!