Do you often forget your WiFi password and find it difficult to connect new devices to your Android phone? Well, fret not! In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to look up WiFi password on Android with ease.
Method 1: Using the Settings App
If you have an Android device running Android 10 or later, you can easily find your WiFi password using the Settings app. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Wi-Fi & Network.
- Step 3: Tap on the Wi-Fi option.
- Step 4: Find and tap on the Wi-Fi network for which you want to view the password.
- Step 5: Tap on the Share icon (usually represented by three dots or an arrow).
- Step 6: Select QR code.
- Your Wi-Fi password will now be displayed as a QR code. You can scan it using another device or take a screenshot for future reference.
Method 2: Using a Third-Party App
If your device is running an older version of Android, you can use third-party apps to retrieve your WiFi password. Follow these steps:
- Note:This method requires root access to your Android device. Rooting your device may void its warranty and can be risky. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.
- Step 1: Download and install a root-enabled file manager app from the Google Play Store (e.g., ES File Explorer).
- Step 2: Open the file manager app and grant it root access.
- Step 3: Navigate to the /data/misc/wifi directory.
- Step 4: Look for a file named wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Step 5: Open the file using a text editor or built-in file viewer.
- Your WiFi password will be listed next to the line starting with “psk”.
If you don’t have root access:
If your Android device is not rooted, you can try the following alternatives:
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP): Reach out to your ISP and ask them to provide you with your WiFi password.
- Password Reset: Reset your WiFi router to its factory settings. This will reset the password back to its default value, which is usually printed on the router itself. However, be aware that this will disconnect all devices connected to the network.
If you forgot your router’s admin password:
If you need to access your router’s settings but have forgotten the admin password, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Look for a small reset button on the back or bottom of your router.
- Step 2: Press and hold the reset button using a paperclip or a pointed object for about 10 seconds.
- Step 3: Release the reset button, and your router will restart.
- Step 4: Use the default admin username and password (usually “admin” for both) to log in to your router’s settings page.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to look up WiFi password on Android. Whether you use the built-in Settings app or a third-party file manager, retrieving your WiFi password has never been easier!