Are you tired of accidentally touching your Android screen and interrupting your video playback? Well, fret not!
In this tutorial, we will show you how to lock your screen while watching videos on Android. This will ensure that you can enjoy your favorite movies or TV shows without any interruptions.
Step 1: Install a Video Player App with Screen Lock Feature
The first step is to install a video player app that has a screen lock feature. There are several options available on the Google Play Store, such as VLC for Android, MX Player, and BSPlayer. These apps not only offer excellent video playback capabilities but also provide the ability to lock the screen.
Here’s how to install VLC for Android:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “VLC for Android” in the search bar.
- Select the official VLC app from VideoLAN.
- Tap on “Install” and wait for the app to download and install on your device.
Step 2: Launch the Video Player App
Once you have installed a suitable video player app, open it from your app drawer or home screen.
Step 3: Import or Browse for Your Video
Import or browse for the video file that you want to watch. Most video player apps allow you to import videos from your device’s internal storage or SD card.
Step 4: Start Playing the Video
Once you have selected your video, tap on it to start playing. You can use the controls provided by the video player app to adjust volume, brightness, and seek through the video.
Note: Different apps may have slightly different user interfaces and control layouts. However, most of them should have a similar screen lock feature.
Step 5: Enable the Screen Lock
To lock the screen while watching the video, look for the screen lock option within the video player app’s settings or control panel. It is usually represented by a padlock or a lock icon.
For VLC for Android:
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the app.
- Select “Lock Screen” from the dropdown menu.
For MX Player:
- Tap on the lock icon located on the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 6: Enjoy Your Locked Video Playback
Congratulations! You have successfully locked your screen while watching videos on Android. Now you can watch your favorite movies or TV shows without worrying about accidental touches interrupting your viewing experience.
- If you want to unlock your screen, simply tap on the unlock button provided by the video player app.
- You can adjust various settings related to screen lock behavior, such as enabling/disabling touch gestures or setting a timeout for automatic unlocking, in the app’s settings.
So there you have it! By following these simple steps, you can now enjoy uninterrupted video playback on your Android device.
Whether you prefer VLC for Android, MX Player, or any other video player app with a screen lock feature, make sure to explore their settings to customize your viewing experience even further. Happy watching!