Are you tired of accidentally tapping on your iPhone screen and launching apps or making unwanted changes? If so, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a simple solution – locking your iPhone screen. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to lock your iPhone screen in just a few easy steps.
Method 1: Using the Side Button
If you own an iPhone X or later model, locking your screen is as easy as pressing a button. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Locate the side button on the right-hand side of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Press and hold the side button until the “Slide to Power Off” slider appears on the screen.
- Step 3: Release the side button and then immediately press it again.
Note: If you have an iPhone with Face ID, pressing the side button twice will activate Face ID and lock your screen.
Method 2: Using AssistiveTouch
If you find it difficult to press the side button, or if it’s malfunctioning, you can use AssistiveTouch to lock your iPhone screen. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Go to “Accessibility” and then tap on “Touch”.
- Step 3: Under “Physical & Motor”, enable “AssistiveTouch”.
- Step 4: A small circle icon will appear on your screen. Tap on it to open the AssistiveTouch menu.
- Step 5: Tap on “Device” and then select “Lock Screen”.
Note: You can customize the functions of the AssistiveTouch menu by going to “Accessibility” > “Touch” > “AssistiveTouch” > “Customize Top Level Menu”.
Method 3: Using Siri
If you prefer a hands-free approach, you can use Siri to lock your iPhone screen. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Activate Siri by pressing and holding the side button or saying “Hey Siri” (if enabled).
- Step 2: Say “Lock Screen”.
Now that you know how to lock your iPhone screen using various methods, you can prevent accidental taps and keep your device secure. Whether you prefer using the side button, AssistiveTouch, or Siri, locking your iPhone screen has never been easier!
I hope this tutorial was helpful! If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to leave a comment below.