Welcome to this tutorial on how to keep voice messages on your iPhone! In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to ensure that your important voice messages are safely stored on your device. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Saving Voice Messages
If you want to keep a specific voice message, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Phone app: Locate and tap on the green Phone icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Access your voicemail: Tap on the “Voicemail” tab at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the voice message: Scroll through the list of voicemails and tap on the one you wish to save.
- Save the voice message: On the right side of the voicemail, you will see an option labeled “Save.” Tap on it to keep the message in your saved folder.
Congratulations! You have successfully saved a voice message on your iPhone.
Method 2: Keeping All Voice Messages
If you want to automatically save all future voice messages, here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to Settings: Find and tap on the “Settings” app from your home screen. It is represented by a gray icon with gears.
- Select Phone settings: Scroll down and tap on “Phone” from within the Settings menu.
- Access Voicemail settings: Look for “Voicemail” among other options and tap on it.
- Toggle “Save Messages”: In the Voicemail settings, you will find a toggle switch labeled “Save Messages.” Enable this option by sliding the switch to the right.
Now, every voice message you receive will automatically be saved in your voicemail folder.
Method 3: Backing Up Voice Messages
To ensure that your voice messages are not lost, it’s recommended to back them up periodically. There are two methods:
- Go to Settings: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select your Apple ID: Tap on your name at the top of the Settings menu to access your Apple ID settings.
- Access iCloud: Tap on “iCloud” from the list of options.
- Enable iCloud Backup: Scroll down and tap on “iCloud Backup.” Toggle the switch to enable it if it’s not already enabled.
- Back up now: Tap on “Back Up Now” to initiate an immediate backup of your iPhone, including your voice messages.
Your voice messages will now be securely backed up in iCloud.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer: Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed.
- Launch iTunes: Open iTunes if it doesn’t automatically launch upon connecting your device.
- Select your iPhone: Click on the iPhone icon that appears in iTunes to access its summary page.
- Start the backup: Under the “Manually Back Up and Restore” section, click on “Back Up Now” to initiate a backup of your iPhone.
This will create a backup of your entire iPhone, including your voice messages, on your computer using iTunes.
By following these methods, you can keep your voice messages safe and accessible on your iPhone. Whether it’s saving specific messages or enabling automatic backups, you have the tools to ensure that your important voice messages are never lost. Happy voicemail management!