Are you switching from an Android phone to an iPhone and worried about how to transfer your Google contacts? Fret not!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of importing your Google contacts to your iPhone. Follow the steps below and make the transition hassle-free.
Step 1: Export Google Contacts
To begin with, we need to export your Google contacts from your Google account. Follow these simple steps:
- Step 1.1: Open a web browser and go to Google Contacts.
- Step 1.2: Sign in with your Google account credentials if prompted.3: Click on the three-horizontal-line icon in the top-left corner of the page to open the menu.4: Select “Export” from the menu options.5: Choose “Go to old version”.6: Again, click on the three-horizontal-line icon in the top-left corner of the page.7: Select “Export”.
Step 2: Import Contacts to iCloud
The next step involves importing your exported Google contacts into iCloud. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 2.1: Open a web browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Note: Make sure you are signed in with your Apple ID that is linked to your iPhone.
- Step 2.2: Click on “Contacts” icon.
- Step 2.3: From the bottom-left corner of the page, click on the gear icon and select “Import vCard..”.4: Navigate to the exported file location and select the exported Google contacts file (usually in .vcf format).5: Click “Open” to start the import process.
Step 3: Sync Contacts on iPhone
The final step is to sync your iCloud contacts with your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Step 3.1: On your iPhone, go to “Settings”.
- Step 3.2: Scroll down and tap on “Passwords & Accounts”.3: Tap on “Add Account”.4: Select “iCloud”.
- Note: If you have already added your iCloud account, skip steps 3.1-3.4.
- Step 3.5: Sign in with your Apple ID credentials.6: Toggle on the “Contacts” option to enable syncing of contacts with iCloud.
Congratulations! You have successfully imported your Google contacts to your iPhone. Now, all your contacts will be available on your iPhone through the Contacts app.
Important Note: After the initial import, any changes you make to your Google contacts will not automatically sync with iCloud. To keep your contacts up-to-date, make sure to manually export and import them following the above steps whenever you modify or add new contacts.
With these easy steps, you can seamlessly transfer your Google contacts to your iPhone without any hassle. Enjoy a smooth transition and make the most out of your new device!