If you’re looking to protect your privacy and keep certain photos hidden on your iPhone running iOS 16, you’re in luck! With the latest iOS update, Apple has introduced a built-in feature that allows you to hide photos easily. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to hide your photos on an iPhone running iOS 16.
Step 1: Open the Photos app
To get started, locate and open the Photos app on your iPhone. This app comes pre-installed on all iPhones, so you should be able to find it on your home screen. Tap on the Photos app icon to launch it.
Step 2: Select the photo(s) you want to hide
Once you have opened the Photos app, navigate to the album or folder containing the photo(s) you wish to hide. Next, tap on “Select” located at the top right corner of the screen.
Note: You can select multiple photos by tapping on each photo individually or by using the “Select All” option.
Step 3: Hide the selected photos
After selecting one or more photos, tap on the share button located at the bottom left corner of your screen. The share button is represented by a square with an arrow pointing upwards.
A menu will appear with various options. Scroll down until you find “Hide” and tap on it. This will instantly hide all selected photos from your main photo library.
- The hidden photos will still be visible in other albums: Keep in mind that hiding a photo doesn’t remove it from any other albums it may belong to. For example, if a photo is part of both your Camera Roll and a specific album, it will still be visible in the album even if it is hidden from your main photo library.
- Hiding photos doesn’t encrypt them: It’s important to note that hiding photos on your iPhone doesn’t encrypt them. They are simply moved to a hidden album within the Photos app, which can be easily accessed and viewed by anyone who has access to your device.
Step 4: Accessing your hidden photos
If you ever want to view or unhide your hidden photos, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the “Albums” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the “Hidden” album and tap on it.
All of your previously hidden photos will now be visible again within this album. To unhide a specific photo, tap on it and then tap on the share button. From the menu that appears, select “Unhide” and the photo will be moved back to its original location in your main photo library.
- The Hidden album is not password protected: Keep in mind that anyone with access to your device can easily view the Hidden album within the Photos app. If you need an extra layer of security for sensitive photos, consider using third-party apps that offer password protection or encryption options.
Congratulations! You now know how to hide and unhide photos on an iPhone running iOS 16.
This simple feature can help you maintain privacy and keep certain photos out of prying eyes. Remember to always consider additional security measures if you have highly sensitive or confidential content on your device.