Do you have an app on your iPhone that you want to keep hidden from prying eyes? Whether it’s a personal finance app or a dating app, there are various reasons why you might want to hide certain apps on your device. In this tutorial, we will show you how to hide an app on iPhone using a simple step-by-step process.
Method 1: Using App Library
If your iPhone is running on iOS 14 or later, Apple introduced a new feature called App Library. It automatically organizes all your installed apps into different categories. To hide an app using App Library, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Swipe left on the home screen until you reach the last page.
- Step 2: Keep swiping left until you see the App Library.
- Step 3: Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen and type the name of the app you want to hide.
- Step 4: Press and hold the app icon until a pop-up menu appears.
- Step 5: Tap “Remove App” from the menu.
The app will now be hidden from your home screen and can only be accessed through the App Library. To unhide the app, simply follow these steps again and tap “Add to Home Screen” instead of “Remove App”.
Method 2: Creating a Folder
If you prefer to keep all your apps in folders rather than using App Library, you can create a folder and move the app into it. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Tap and hold the app icon you want to hide until it starts to jiggle.
- Step 2: Drag the app icon onto another app to create a new folder. Release your finger to drop the app into the folder.
- Step 3: Rename the folder to something inconspicuous, like “Utilities” or “Productivity”.
The app will now be hidden within the folder. To access the app, simply open the folder and tap on its icon. To unhide the app, move it out of the folder by dragging it onto another part of your home screen.
Method 3: Using Restrictions
If you want to add an extra layer of security to hide apps on your iPhone, you can use Restrictions. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on “Screen Time”. If you haven’t set up Screen Time before, you’ll need to do so now.
- Step 3: Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions”.
- Step 4: Enable Content & Privacy Restrictions if they’re not already enabled.
- Step 5: Tap on “Allowed Apps”.
You will see a list of all installed apps on your iPhone. Simply toggle off the switch next to any app you want to hide. The app will now be hidden from your home screen and cannot be accessed unless you re-enable it in Restrictions.
Hiding apps on your iPhone can be useful for maintaining privacy and keeping certain apps out of sight. Whether you choose to use App Library, create folders, or utilize Restrictions, the methods outlined in this tutorial provide you with different options to hide apps on your device.
Remember to be cautious when hiding apps, as accidentally hiding important system apps may cause unintended consequences. Use these methods responsibly and have fun customizing your iPhone’s home screen!