Are you a Mac user who is envious of the Snipping Tool available on Windows? Don’t worry, there are several alternatives that can help you capture screenshots on your Mac with ease. In this tutorial, we will explore some of the best options to get a snipping tool on Mac.
1. Grab – The Built-in Snipping Tool for Mac
If you are using macOS, you already have a built-in snipping tool called Grab. To open Grab, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Applications folder in Finder.
- Step 2: Open the Utilities folder.
- Step 3: Look for Grab and double-click to open it.
Note: If you frequently use Grab, you can add it to your Dock for quick access by right-clicking on the Grab icon and selecting “Options” > “Keep in Dock”.
2. Lightshot – A Powerful Snipping Tool for Mac
If you’re looking for more advanced features and flexibility, Lightshot is an excellent choice. Here’s how to install and use Lightshot:
- Step 1: Visit the official Lightshot website (https://app.prntscr.com).
- Step 2: Click on the “Download” button to download the Lightshot installer.
- Step 3: Once downloaded, open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Lightshot on your Mac.
To use Lightshot, simply press the shortcut key (default: Command + Shift + 5) to activate the tool. Lightshot allows you to capture a selected area, a specific window, or even the entire screen. You can also annotate and edit the captured screenshot before saving or sharing it.
3. Snagit – The Ultimate Snipping Tool for Mac
If you are willing to invest in a premium snipping tool with advanced features, Snagit is highly recommended. Here’s how to get Snagit on Mac:
- Step 1: Visit the TechSmith website (https://www.techsmith.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Snagit product page.
- Step 3: Click on “Buy Now” and follow the prompts to purchase and download Snagit.
Once installed, you can access Snagit from your Applications folder. Similar to Lightshot, Snagit offers various capture modes along with powerful editing tools. It also allows you to record videos and create GIFs of your screen.
In this tutorial, we explored three different options for getting a snipping tool on Mac. Whether you prefer the built-in Grab tool, the feature-rich Lightshot, or the powerful Snagit, capturing screenshots on your Mac has never been easier.
You can choose the option that best suits your needs and preferences. So go ahead and start capturing those important moments on your Mac!