Are you tired of your current Android wallpaper and want to bring back your old wallpaper? Well, fret not!
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of getting your old wallpaper back on Android. Let’s dive in!
Method 1: Using the Gallery App
If you have recently changed your wallpaper and want to revert to the previous one, you can easily do so using the Gallery app. Here’s how:
- Open the Gallery App: Locate and tap on the Gallery app icon on your home screen or app drawer.
- Navigate to Albums: Once inside the Gallery app, navigate to the “Albums” section. It might be labeled differently depending on your device.
- Select the Wallpaper Album: Look for an album named “Wallpaper” or “Wallpapers”. Tap on it to open.
- Browse Through Your Wallpapers: Scroll through the album to find your previous wallpaper.
You may need to swipe left or right depending on how many wallpapers are in the album.
- Long-Press and Set as Wallpaper: Once you have found your old wallpaper, long-press it until a menu appears. From the menu, select “Set as wallpaper” or a similar option. Your old wallpaper will now be set as your new wallpaper.
Method 2: Using a File Explorer App
If you cannot find your old wallpaper in the Gallery app, don’t worry! You can still retrieve it using a file explorer app. Follow these steps:
- Download a File Explorer App: Head over to the Google Play Store and search for a file explorer app. Popular options include ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, and Astro File Manager. Install the app of your choice.
- Open the File Explorer App: Locate and tap on the file explorer app icon on your home screen or app drawer to open it.
- Navigate to the Wallpaper Directory: Once inside the file explorer app, navigate to the directory where your wallpapers are stored. It is usually located under “Pictures” or “Wallpapers”.
- Locate Your Old Wallpaper: Look for your old wallpaper file in the directory.
It might have a different name or extension depending on how it was saved.
- Set as Wallpaper: Once you have found your old wallpaper file, long-press it until a menu appears. Voila! Your old wallpaper is now back on your Android device.
Method 3: Using a Backup
If you regularly backup your Android device using third-party apps or built-in features like Google Drive or Samsung Cloud, you may be able to retrieve your old wallpaper from a backup. Here’s how:
- Open Your Backup App: Locate and open the backup app that you use to store your Android device data.
- Browse Backups: Once inside the backup app, browse through your backups until you find a recent one that contains your old wallpaper data.
- Select and Restore Wallpaper: Select the backup that contains your old wallpaper data and choose the option to restore it. Depending on the app, this option might be labeled differently.
- Follow the on-screen instructions: Follow the prompts and instructions provided by the backup app to complete the restoration process.
And there you have it! Three simple methods to get your old wallpaper back on Android.
Whether you use the Gallery app, a file explorer app, or a backup, you can easily revert to your previous wallpaper and give your device a fresh look. Enjoy!