How to Get IMEI Number on Android Phone if Locked
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your Android phone is locked and you need to retrieve its IMEI number? The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique identifier for your device and can be useful for various reasons, such as reporting a lost or stolen phone, unlocking your device, or troubleshooting network issues.
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to find the IMEI number on an Android phone even if it is locked.
Method 1: Using the Dialer
One of the easiest ways to retrieve the IMEI number on a locked Android phone is through the dialer. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Turn on your locked Android device and access the emergency dial pad. This can usually be done by swiping from the lock screen or tapping on the emergency call option.
- Step 2: Dial *#06# using the dial pad.
Make sure to enter all characters correctly.
- Step 3: After entering the code, your phone should automatically display the IMEI number on the screen. You can either take a screenshot or write it down for future reference.
If this method doesn’t work for your specific Android device, don’t worry! There are alternative methods you can try.
Method 2: Using Google Dashboard (Android Device Manager)
If you have previously set up Google Dashboard (also known as Android Device Manager) on your locked Android device with your Google account, you can use this method to find your IMEI number. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer or any other device.
- Step 2: Go to the Google Dashboard website and sign in with the same Google account that is linked to your locked Android device.
- Step 3: Once you are signed in, locate your locked Android device from the list of devices associated with your Google account.
- Step 4: Click on the device name to access more details about it.
- Step 5: In the device details section, you should be able to find the IMEI number listed among other information such as model, serial number, etc.
If you haven’t set up Google Dashboard previously or if it doesn’t show the IMEI number, you can try the next method.
Method 3: Checking Phone Packaging or Receipt
If you still have access to the original packaging or receipt of your locked Android phone, you can find the IMEI number printed on it. Here’s what you can do:
- Step 1: Locate the box or receipt of your Android phone.
- Step 2: Look for a label or sticker that contains various details about your phone, including its IMEI number.
- Step 3: Write down or take a picture of the IMEI number for future reference.
By following these methods, you should be able to retrieve the IMEI number on an Android phone, even if it is locked. Remember to store the IMEI number in a safe place for potential future use.
If none of these methods work for your specific device, we recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or your service provider for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for informational purposes only. We do not promote any illegal activities or encourage unauthorized access to locked devices.
Always ensure you have proper authorization to access and use your Android phone.