Welcome to this tutorial on how to get the degrees symbol on Mac! In this article, we will explore different methods to easily insert the degrees symbol into your text when using a Mac computer.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
If you are looking for a quick and efficient way to type the degrees symbol, you can use a keyboard shortcut. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Place your cursor where you want to insert the degrees symbol.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Option key on your keyboard.
- Step 3: While holding down the Option key, press the letter “K” key.
This will instantly insert the degrees symbol (°) at your cursor’s position. It’s as simple as that!
The Character Viewer
If you prefer a more visual approach or if your keyboard doesn’t have a dedicated degree symbol key, you can utilize the Character Viewer. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and select “System Preferences. “
- Step 2: In the System Preferences window, click on “Keyboard.
- Step 3: Select the “Keyboard” tab, then checkmark “Show keyboard and emoji viewers in menu bar. “
A small icon will now appear in your menu bar that looks like a flag or a smiley face. This is called the Input Sources menu.
- Step 4: Click on the Input Sources menu icon and select “Show Emoji & Symbols.”
A new window will open, displaying various symbols and characters.
- Step 5: In the left sidebar of the Character Viewer window, click on “Symbols.”
- Step 6: Expand the “Letterlike Symbols” category by clicking on the triangle beside it.
You will now find the degrees symbol (°) among many other symbols. Simply double-click on it to insert it into your text at the cursor’s position.
Copypasting from Character Viewer
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of opening Character Viewer every time you need a degrees symbol, you can copy and paste it from there. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Follow Steps 1-4 from the previous method to open Character Viewer.
The Character Viewer window should now be visible with all its symbols.
- Step 2: Locate the degrees symbol in the Symbol section.
- Step 3: Select the degrees symbol by either clicking on it or dragging your cursor over it.
The symbol will be highlighted once selected.
- Step 4: Press Command+C, or right-click and select “Copy,” to copy the symbol to your clipboard.
You can now paste (press Command+V) the degrees symbol anywhere you need it, whether it’s in a document, an email, or any other text input field.
Now you know multiple ways to get the degrees symbol on your Mac. Whether you prefer using keyboard shortcuts or the Character Viewer, you can effortlessly incorporate the degrees symbol into your text whenever necessary.
Remember to bookmark this page for future reference or share it with others who might find it helpful. Happy typing!