Finding the serial number of your iPhone is essential for various reasons. Whether you need to check the warranty status, report a stolen device, or simply want to keep track of your device, knowing how to find the serial number is crucial. In this tutorial, we will guide you through different methods to locate your iPhone’s serial number.
Method 1: Using iPhone Settings
To start, follow these simple steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap on “General.”
- In the General settings menu, tap on “About.”
Locating Serial Number in About Page
On the About page, you will find various details about your iPhone. To locate the serial number:
- Scroll down until you find “Serial Number”.
- The alphanumeric code next to “Serial Number” is your iPhone’s unique identifier.
Note: You can also copy the serial number by tapping and holding it, then selecting “Copy.”
Method 2: Finding Serial Number on Device
If you are unable to access your iPhone’s settings or prefer a physical search, follow these steps:
iPhone X or later models (excluding iPhone SE 2nd generation)
- Turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the side button along with either volume button.
- Once powered off completely, look at the SIM tray slot located on either side of the device.
- You will see a small text label indicating the serial number along with other details like IMEI.
iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 8, and earlier models
- Turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the top/side button.
- After it shuts down, flip your iPhone to its back.
- Look for a text label engraved on the back cover.
- The serial number will be listed there.
Method 3: Using iTunes on Mac or PC
If you have access to a computer with iTunes installed, you can find the serial number by following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes (if it doesn’t open automatically).
- Select your device when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary tab, click on the “Phone Number” field twice.
- The field will change to display the serial number instead of the phone number.
Finding your iPhone’s serial number is a simple process that can be done through various methods. Whether you prefer using the settings app, checking physical labels, or utilizing iTunes on your computer, knowing where to locate this crucial piece of information can save you time and effort in different situations.
Remember, keeping a record of your iPhone’s serial number is beneficial for warranty claims, insurance purposes, or if your device gets lost or stolen. So take a moment to find and note down this unique identifier!