How to Fax From iPhone
Have you ever needed to send a fax but didn’t have access to a fax machine? With the advancements in technology, you can now easily send faxes directly from your iPhone. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of faxing from your iPhone using a few simple steps.
Step 1: Install a Fax App
To get started, you will need to download and install a fax app on your iPhone. There are several options available on the App Store, such as Fax.Plus, MyFax, and eFax. Choose the app that best suits your needs and install it on your device.
Step 2: Sign Up for an Account
Once you have installed the fax app, open it and sign up for an account. You will typically need to provide your email address and create a password. Some apps may require additional information such as your name or phone number.
Step 3: Add Credits or Subscription
In order to send faxes, you will need to have credits or a subscription plan with the fax app. Most apps offer different pricing options depending on your usage. Choose the plan that fits your needs and add credits or subscribe accordingly.
Step 4: Prepare Your Document
Before sending a fax, make sure you have the document ready on your iPhone. This can be any type of file, including PDFs, images (JPEG/PNG), or even documents created in word processing apps like Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- If you have a physical document that needs to be faxed, you can use your iPhone’s camera to take a photo of it and save it as an image file.
- If you have a digital document, you can save it to your iPhone’s storage or cloud storage apps like iCloud, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Step 5: Send Your Fax
Now that you have everything ready, it’s time to send your fax. Open the fax app on your iPhone and look for the option to send a new fax. Depending on the app you are using, this may be labeled differently, such as “New Fax” or “Send Fax”.
Follow the prompts in the app to select your document from your iPhone’s storage or cloud storage. You may also have the option to edit the document before sending, such as cropping or rotating images.
Once you have selected your document, enter the recipient’s fax number. Make sure to include any necessary country or area codes. Some apps may allow you to enter multiple recipients if needed.
Review all the details of your fax, including the number of pages and any additional options provided by the app (such as cover pages). When you are satisfied with everything, click on “Send” or a similar button to initiate the fax transmission.
Step 6: Track Your Fax
After sending your fax, most apps will provide a confirmation screen with details about your transmission. This may include a confirmation number and an estimated delivery time.
You can also track the status of your fax within the app itself. Look for a section labeled “Sent Faxes” or “Fax History” where you can view a list of all faxes sent from your iPhone.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you frequently need to send faxes from your iPhone, consider setting up a shortcut or widget for the fax app on your device’s home screen. This will give you quick access to send a fax without having to open the app every time.
- Some fax apps also offer the ability to receive faxes on your iPhone.
Explore the features of your chosen app to see if this is available and how it can be set up.
- Keep in mind that sending faxes may incur charges, especially if you are sending international faxes or have exceeded the limits of your subscription plan. Check the pricing details of your chosen app for more information.
With these simple steps, you can now easily send faxes directly from your iPhone using a dedicated fax app. Say goodbye to the hassle of finding a fax machine or visiting a local printing store. Embrace the convenience of modern technology and streamline your faxing process with just a few taps on your iPhone.