Facetime is a popular video calling app that has been exclusively available on Apple devices. However, if you are an Android user, don’t worry! There are several alternative apps that you can use to make video calls and connect with your friends and family.
Google Duo: One of the best alternatives to Facetime for Android users is Google Duo. It is a simple and reliable video calling app developed by Google. To use Google Duo, follow these steps:
1. Download and Install: Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and search for “Google Duo.” Tap on the app and click on the “Install” button to download and install it.
2. Create an Account: Once installed, open the app and sign in using your Google account or create a new account if you don’t have one already.
3. Add Contacts: After signing in, you will need to grant permissions for access to your contacts. Once granted, you can add contacts by searching their name or phone number.
4. Start a Video Call: To start a video call with someone in your contacts list, simply tap on their name and then tap on the video call icon. The other person will receive a notification and can join the call once they accept it.
Skype: Skype is another popular choice for making video calls on Android devices. To use Skype:
1. Download and Install: Open the Google Play Store and search for “Skype.” Install the app by tapping on the “Install” button. Create an Account or Sign In: Launch Skype after installation and either sign in with your existing Microsoft account or create a new one if you don’t have an account already. Add Contacts: Once signed in, you can search for contacts by their Skype username, email address, or phone number. Add them to your contact list. Initiate a Video Call: To start a video call, tap on the contact you want to call and then tap on the video call icon.
Both Google Duo and Skype offer not only video calls but also features like voice calls and messaging. So, even if your friends or family members don’t have these apps installed, you can still connect with them through audio calls or text messages.
- Additional Tips:
- Stable Internet Connection: To ensure smooth video calling experience, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Good Lighting: Find a well-lit area for your video calls so that the other person can see you clearly.
- Mute Notifications: Before starting a video call, consider muting notifications on your device to avoid interruptions.
- Privacy Settings: Familiarize yourself with the privacy settings of each app to control who can contact you and view your profile.
- Upgrade Camera Quality: Consider investing in an external webcam for better video quality if your device’s built-in camera is not up to par.
While Facetime may not be available on Android devices, alternatives like Google Duo and Skype provide excellent options for making video calls. These apps are easy to use and offer reliable connections.
So, whether it’s chatting with friends or connecting with family across the globe, these apps will help bridge the distance. Just make sure you have a stable internet connection, good lighting, and familiarize yourself with the app’s features to get the most out of your video calling experience.