Have you ever found yourself stuck in full screen mode on your Mac and unsure how to escape it? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there!
In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps to easily exit full screen mode on your Mac. Let’s get started!
Using the Keyboard Shortcut
If you want a quick and effortless way to escape full screen mode, there’s a handy keyboard shortcut that does the trick. Simply press the Esc key on your keyboard, and voila! You’re back to regular windowed mode.
Using the Menu Bar
If you prefer using your mouse or trackpad, you can also exit full screen mode using the menu bar at the top of your screen. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Move your cursor to the top of the screen to reveal the menu bar.
- Step 2: Locate the green button at the top-left corner of the window. This button is used to enter and exit full screen mode.
- Step 3: Click on the green button once, and your window will instantly exit full screen mode.
Note: If you’re using an older version of macOS, instead of a green button, you might see a blue button with two arrows pointing outwards. The functionality remains the same – simply click on it once to exit full screen mode.
In some rare cases, you may encounter difficulties exiting full screen mode using either of these methods. If that happens, don’t panic! Here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Troubleshooting Tip 1: Try pressing the Esc key multiple times in quick succession. Sometimes, a single press may not register, so spamming the key can do the trick.
- Troubleshooting Tip 2: If you’re still unable to exit full screen mode, you can force quit the application you’re using.
To do this, press Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard to open the Force Quit Applications window. Select the application that’s stuck in full screen mode and click on the “Force Quit” button.
Exiting full screen mode on your Mac is a breeze once you know the right steps. Whether you prefer using keyboard shortcuts or navigating through the menu bar, you now have the knowledge to escape full screen mode with ease. Remember these methods and troubleshoot like a pro whenever you find yourself trapped in full screen oblivion!
We hope you found this tutorial helpful. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team.