Are you struggling to edit text on your iPhone? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
In this article, we will guide you through the process of editing text on your iPhone, step by step. So grab your iPhone and let’s get started!
Editing Text in Apps
Editing text in various apps on your iPhone is quite similar. Whether you are composing an email, writing a note, or entering a message in any messaging app, the basic editing techniques remain consistent.
Moving the Text Cursor
To start editing text, first, position the cursor at the desired location. You can do this by tapping and holding on the screen until a magnifying glass appears. Then drag your finger to move the cursor to the desired position.
If you want to select a specific portion of text for editing or copying, tap and hold on a word until it becomes highlighted. Then adjust the selection handles to include more or less text as required.
Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
To cut or copy selected text, tap on it once and choose “Cut” or “Copy” from the pop-up menu that appears. To paste the copied or cut text, tap and hold at the desired location and select “Paste” from the pop-up menu.
Editing Text within Messages
If you want to edit a message that you are currently typing in any messaging app such as iMessage or WhatsApp, here’s what you need to do:
- Bold Text: To make a particular word or phrase bold in your message, simply enclose it between two asterisks (*), e.g., *bold*.
- Underlined Text: To underline a word or phrase, enclose it between two underscores (_), e., _underline_.
- Bold and Underlined Text: If you want to make the text bold and underlined, combine the above two methods, e., *_bold and underlined_*.
Editing Text in Notes
If you are editing text in the Notes app on your iPhone, you have additional options available:
- Bulleted List: To create a bulleted list, start a new line and type an asterisk followed by space before each item.
- Numbered List: To create a numbered list, start a new line and type ‘1.’ followed by space before each item.
The numbering will automatically adjust as you add more items.
- Checklist: To create a checklist, start a new line and type ‘- [ ]’ before each item. You can tap on the checkboxes to mark them as done.
Congratulations! You now know how to edit text on your iPhone like a pro.
These simple yet powerful techniques will help you effortlessly modify text within various apps. So go ahead and put your newfound skills to use!