How to Do Three Way Call on iPhone
Having the ability to make a three-way call on your iPhone can be incredibly useful, whether you need to have a conference call with clients or simply want to chat with multiple friends at once. Luckily, the iPhone makes it easy to initiate a three-way call and manage it effortlessly. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps of making a three-way call on your iPhone.
Step 1: Initiate the First Call
To begin, open the Phone app on your iPhone and tap on the contacts tab. Search for and select the first contact you want to include in your three-way call. Tap on their phone number to initiate the call.
Step 2: Add the Second Contact
Once you are connected with the first contact, inform them that you will be adding another person to the call. Tap on ‘Add Call’ button located at the bottom left corner of your screen. This will automatically put your current call on hold and bring up the dial pad.
Type in or search for the second contact’s name or phone number using the dial pad or contacts list. Once you find their contact information, tap on their phone number to add them to the conversation.
Step 3: Merge Calls
After adding the second contact, you will see two calls listed at the top of your screen. The first is labeled ‘On Hold,’ representing your initial call, while the second shows as ‘Add Call.’
To merge all three calls into one conversation, tap on ‘Merge Calls. ‘
Your iPhone will now connect all three participants into a single conference call. You can speak with both contacts simultaneously and they can also communicate with each other if needed.
Step 4: Manage the Three-Way Call
During your three-way call, you have several options to manage the conversation effectively:
- Switch Between Calls: If you want to switch between individual calls, tap on ‘Swap’ to alternate between participants.
- Mute or Unmute: To mute your microphone and prevent others from hearing you, tap on ‘Mute.’ Tap again to unmute and resume speaking.
- Add Additional Calls: If you need to add more contacts to the conversation, tap on ‘Add Call’ and follow the same steps as before.
- End Individual Calls: To end one participant’s call while keeping the other connected, tap on the ‘i’ button next to their name and select ‘End Call.’
To ensure a smooth three-way call experience, keep in mind these helpful tips:
- Contact Availability: Prioritize contacting individuals who are available at the same time to avoid continually putting one party on hold.
- Signal Strength: Ensure you have a strong cellular signal or a stable Wi-Fi connection for optimal call quality.
- Moderate Conversation Flow: As the initiator of the three-way call, it’s essential to moderate the conversation flow and ensure everyone gets an opportunity to speak.
Congratulations! You now know how to make a three-way call on your iPhone.
Whether it’s for business or personal purposes, this feature makes it easier than ever to connect with multiple people simultaneously. So go ahead and start enjoying productive and engaging conversations with your friends, family, or colleagues!