Screen mirroring is a great feature that allows you to display the contents of your iPhone screen onto a larger screen such as a TV or computer monitor. Whether you want to share photos, videos, or even play games on a bigger display, screen mirroring can come in handy. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to do screen mirroring on your iPhone.
Step 1: Check Compatibility
Before we begin, it is important to ensure that your iPhone and the device you want to mirror to are compatible with screen mirroring. Screen mirroring is supported on devices running iOS 11 or later and is compatible with Apple TV (2nd generation or later), AirPlay-enabled smart TVs, and Mac computers (2011 models or later) running OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) or later.
Step 2: Connect to the Same Wi-Fi Network
In order for screen mirroring to work seamlessly, both your iPhone and the device you want to mirror to should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure they are connected before proceeding with the following steps.
Step 3: Enable AirPlay on Your iPhone
To enable screen mirroring on your iPhone, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (on iPhone X and newer) or swipe up from the bottom of the screen (on older iPhones) to open Control Center.
Note: On iPhones with Home buttons, swipe up from the bottom instead of swiping down from the top.
In Control Center, locate and tap on the “Screen Mirroring” button. A list of available devices will appear.
- If you have an Apple TV:
- Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
- Enter the AirPlay code displayed on your TV screen, if prompted.
- If you have an AirPlay-enabled smart TV:
- Select your smart TV from the list of available devices.
- If you have a Mac computer:
- Click on the AirPlay icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select your Mac computer from the list of available devices.
Step 4: Start Screen Mirroring
Once you have selected the device you want to mirror to, screen mirroring will start. Your iPhone screen will be mirrored onto the larger display, and anything you do on your iPhone will be replicated on the mirrored screen in real time.
- To end screen mirroring, simply tap on the “Screen Mirroring” button in Control Center and select “Stop Mirroring”.
- If you’re experiencing lag or poor quality during screen mirroring, try moving closer to the Wi-Fi router or restart your router for a better connection.
- Some apps or content may not support screen mirroring due to copyright or other restrictions. In such cases, a message may appear stating that screen mirroring is not allowed for that specific content.
That’s it! Now you know how to do screen mirroring on your iPhone. Enjoy sharing and displaying your content on a larger screen hassle-free!