Do you often find yourself needing to work on multiple applications simultaneously on your Mac? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that Mac has a handy feature called Split Screen that allows you to view and use two applications side by side. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the steps of how to do a Split Screen on Mac.
Step 1: Activate Mission Control
To begin, you need to activate Mission Control. There are a few ways to do this:
- Swipe up with three or four fingers on your trackpad if you have a MacBook with a Force Touch trackpad.
- Press the Mission Control key (F3) if your keyboard has one.
- Press the Control key and the Up arrow key together.
Step 2: Enter Split Screen View
Once you’re in Mission Control, move your cursor to the top of the screen. You should see a bar containing thumbnails of all open windows and desktop spaces.
- Click and hold on the window you want to move into Split Screen view.
- Drag it to the left or right edge of the screen until it snaps into place.
Step 3: Choose Another Application
Now that you have one application in Split Screen view, it’s time to choose another application for the other half of the screen.
- Move your cursor over one of the remaining thumbnails in Mission Control.
- Click on it once to bring it into focus.
Step 4: Enable Split Screen Mode
With both applications selected, hover your cursor over the top of one of them until three icons appear: green, yellow, and red.
- Click on the green icon to enter Split Screen mode.
Step 5: Adjust Split Screen Sizes
By default, Split Screen divides the screen space equally between the two applications. However, you can adjust the sizes according to your preference.
- Place your cursor on the vertical divider between the two applications.
- Click and drag left or right to resize them.
Step 6: Exit Split Screen Mode
When you’re done working in Split Screen mode and want to return to a single application view, follow these steps:
- Move your cursor to the top of the screen until you see a bar containing thumbnails of all open windows and desktop spaces.
- Click on the green icon in the center of the top bar.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to do a Split Screen on Mac. This feature is incredibly useful for multitasking and boosting productivity by allowing you to work with two applications simultaneously.
Remember that not all applications support Split Screen view. Some applications may have limitations or require specific settings enabled. Experiment with different applications to find which ones work best for you in Split Screen mode.
Try out this feature today and experience a new level of productivity on your Mac!