Are you tired of constantly switching between apps on your Android device? Do you wish you could have two apps running side by side on your screen?
Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to do a split screen on Android, allowing you to multitask like a pro.
Step 1: Enable Developer Options
To begin, we need to enable Developer Options on your Android device. Don’t worry, it’s easier than it sounds! Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- About Phone: Scroll down and tap on “About phone” or “About tablet”.
- Build Number: Look for the “Build number” entry and tap on it seven times. You’ll see a message saying that Developer Options have been enabled.
Step 2: Activate Split Screen Mode
Now that Developer Options are enabled, we can activate split screen mode. Here’s how:
- Go to Recent Apps: Tap the square or recent apps button (usually located at the bottom right corner of your screen) to open the list of recently used apps.
- Select First App: Find the first app that you want to use in split screen mode. Tap and hold its title bar until a menu appears.
- Select Split Screen: From the menu, select “Split screen” or “Open in split screen view”.
The selected app will now occupy one half of your screen.
- Select Second App: The other half of your screen will display the list of recently used apps. Find the second app that you want to use in split screen mode and tap on it.
Step 3: Adjust Screen Sizes
By default, both apps will occupy an equal amount of space on your screen. However, you can adjust the screen sizes according to your preference. Here’s how:
- Drag the Separator: In split screen mode, you’ll notice a separator between the two apps. You can drag this separator left or right to resize the apps.
- Resize with Handles: Some Android devices have handles on the sides of the screen when in split screen mode. You can use these handles to resize the apps by dragging them inward or outward.
Step 4: Exit Split Screen Mode
If you’re done with split screen mode and want to go back to using a single app at a time, follow these steps:
- Deselect Second App: Tap on the title bar of the second app in split screen mode to bring up its menu.
- Select Exit Split Screen: From the menu, select “Exit split screen” or “Close in split-screen view”. The second app will be closed, and your first app will now occupy the entire screen.
Not all apps support split screen mode. Some older or less commonly used apps may not work properly or at all in this mode. Additionally, some Android devices may have slight variations in terms of accessing and using split screen mode.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to do a split-screen on Android.
Now you can effortlessly multitask and boost your productivity. Enjoy!