Do you find the green dot on your Android 12 device distracting? Don’t worry, you can easily disable it and regain your peace of mind. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to turn off the green dot notification on Android 12.
What is the Green Dot on Android 12?
The green dot is a new privacy indicator introduced in Android 12. It appears in the top right corner of your screen whenever an app is using your device’s camera or microphone. This added feature aims to enhance transparency and provide users with more control over their privacy.
Why would you want to disable it?
While many users appreciate this new privacy feature, some find the green dot distracting or unnecessary. If you fall into this category, disabling the green dot notification might be a more suitable option for you.
How to Disable Green Dot on Android 12
To disable the green dot notification on Android 12, follow these simple steps:
- Open Settings: Start by opening the Settings app on your Android device. You can usually find it in your app drawer or by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping on the gear icon.
- Select Privacy: In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Privacy” and tap on it. This will open up a new set of privacy-related options.
- Navigate to Permission indicators: Within the Privacy menu, locate and select “Permission indicators.”
This section allows you to customize various permission-related notifications.
- Disable Camera and Microphone indicators: Under “Permission indicators,” you will find options for both the camera and microphone indicators. To disable the green dot notification, simply toggle off the corresponding switches for camera and microphone.
- Confirm your choice: Once you have turned off the green dot indicators for both camera and microphone, a confirmation dialog may appear. Verify your selection by tapping “OK” or “Turn off” to complete the process.
Congratulations! You have successfully disabled the green dot notification on your Android 12 device. You will no longer see the green dot in the top right corner of your screen when an app is using your camera or microphone.
Re-enabling Green Dot Notification
If you ever change your mind and want to re-enable the green dot notification, follow these steps:
- Open Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Select Privacy: Tap on “Privacy” in the Settings menu.
- Navigate to Permission indicators: Choose “Permission indicators” within the Privacy menu.
- Enable Camera and Microphone indicators: Toggle on the switches for both camera and microphone under “Permission indicators.”
Your green dot notification will now be re-enabled, providing you with real-time information about apps accessing your camera or microphone.
The green dot notification in Android 12 is undoubtedly a useful feature. However, if you find it distracting or unnecessary, disabling it is a simple process. By following these steps, you can easily turn off the green dot notification and regain control over your privacy settings.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you in customizing your Android 12 experience to suit your preferences. Enjoy your newfound freedom from the green dot!