Are you looking to delete Steam from your Mac? Whether you’re getting rid of it to free up space or simply because you no longer use it, this tutorial will guide you through the process. In this article, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions on how to delete Steam on your Mac.
Before You Delete Steam
Before you proceed with deleting Steam, there are a few things you should consider. Make sure to take note of these important points:
- Backup Your Game Data: If you have any game data or saved games that you want to keep, it’s important to back them up before deleting Steam. This will ensure that you don’t lose any progress.
- Uninstall Games: If you have any games installed through Steam, make sure to uninstall them first. Otherwise, they will remain on your computer even after deleting Steam.
- Disable Auto-Login: If you have enabled the auto-login feature in Steam, remember to disable it before uninstalling. This will prevent any unwanted logins in the future.
Steps to Delete Steam on Mac
Step 1: Quit Steam
To begin the process of deleting Steam from your Mac, start by quitting the application. Follow these simple steps:
- Click on the Apple menu located in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “Force Quit”. Alternatively, you can press Command + Option + Escape on your keyboard.
- In the Force Quit Applications window that appears, locate and select “Steam”.
- Click “Force Quit” to exit Steam completely.
Step 2: Delete Steam Application
Once you have quit Steam, it’s time to delete the application from your Mac. Follow these steps:
- Open Finder by clicking on the Finder icon in your dock or using the Command + Space shortcut and searching for “Finder”.
- In the Finder window, navigate to the “Applications” folder located in the sidebar.
- Locate “Steam.app” in the Applications folder. You can either scroll through the list or use the search bar at the top-right corner of the window to find it quickly.
- Click and drag “Steam.app” to Trash. Alternatively, you can right-click on it and select “Move to Trash”.
Step 3: Remove Remaining Steam Files
Although you have deleted the Steam application, there might be some residual files left behind. To ensure a clean uninstallation, follow these steps:
- In Finder, click on “Go” in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select “Go to Folder..” from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can use the Command + Shift + G shortcut.
- In the Go to Folder window that appears, enter “~/Library/Application Support/Steam/” without quotes.
Delete all files and folders inside this directory.
Congratulations! You’ve Successfully Deleted Steam from Your Mac
By following these steps, you have successfully deleted Steam from your Mac. Remember to empty the Trash to permanently remove the application and its associated files from your computer.
Deleting Steam can help you reclaim valuable storage space on your Mac. If you ever decide to reinstall Steam in the future, you can always download it again from the official website.
Deleting Steam on your Mac is a straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily remove Steam and its associated files from your computer. Just remember to back up any game data and uninstall games before proceeding with the deletion.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to us.
Good luck with deleting Steam on your Mac!