Have you ever wondered how to delete apps on your iPhone permanently? Whether you want to free up storage space or simply get rid of apps you no longer use, deleting them from your device is easy. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of permanently deleting apps on your iPhone.
Step 1: Locate the App
First, locate the app that you want to delete. You can find all your installed apps on the home screen or in the app library if you’re using iOS 14 or later.
On Home Screen:
If the app is on your home screen, press and hold its icon until it starts jiggling. The icons will have an “X” symbol at the top left corner.
In App Library:
If you’re using iOS 14 or later, swipe left until you reach the last home screen page or search for the app in the App Library by swiping right from your home screen pages.
Step 2: Delete the App
Once you’ve located the app, follow these steps to permanently delete it:
- Tap and hold on the app icon until a menu appears.
- Select “Remove App”. A dialog box will appear with two options:
- Delete App: This option removes the app but keeps its data and documents intact.
You can reinstall it later without losing any settings or information.
- Delete App and its Data: This option removes both the app and its associated data. This cannot be undone, so make sure to back up any important data before choosing this option.
- Select the desired option based on your preference.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode or use Face ID/Touch ID to authenticate.
- The app will be deleted from your device, and you’ll be taken back to the home screen or the App Library.
Note: Some pre-installed apps, such as Safari, cannot be completely removed from your device.
Step 3: Confirm Deletion
After deleting an app, you may want to confirm that it has been successfully removed:
- Check the home screen or the App Library. The app icon should no longer be present.
- Navigate to “Settings” and select “General”.
From there, tap on “iPhone Storage” (or “iPad Storage” if you’re using an iPad).
- Scroll down and look for the deleted app under the “Storage” section. If it appears here, it means that some data associated with the app still exists on your device. You can tap on it to clear any residual data manually.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to delete apps on your iPhone permanently. By removing unused apps, you can declutter your device and free up valuable storage space for other important content.
We hope this tutorial was helpful. Happy app organizing!