How to Delete All Photos on iPhone
Deleting all photos on your iPhone can be a tedious task, especially if you have a large collection. However, there are a few methods you can use to quickly and efficiently delete all photos from your device. In this tutorial, we will guide you through each method step by step.
Method 1: Using the Photos App
To delete all photos from your iPhone using the Photos app, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app: Locate and tap on the Photos app icon on your home screen.
- Select Albums: Tap on the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Open All Photos: Scroll down and tap on “All Photos” to open your entire photo library.
- Select Multiple Photos: Tap on the “Select” button at the top right corner of the screen. You can now start selecting multiple photos by tapping on them one by one or by swiping across them.
- Delete Selected Photos: Once you have selected all the photos you want to delete, tap on the trash bin icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Confirm Deletion: A confirmation message will appear asking if you want to delete these photos. Tap “Delete [number] Items” to proceed with deleting all selected photos.
Method 2: Using iCloud Photo Library
If you have enabled iCloud Photo Library and want to delete all photos from both your iPhone and iCloud, follow these steps:
- Open Settings: Locate and tap on the Settings app on your home screen.
- Access Your Apple ID: Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Select iCloud: Tap on “iCloud” to access iCloud settings.
- Manage Storage: Tap on “Manage Storage” or “Storage” depending on your iOS version.
- Select Photos: Find and tap on “Photos” from the list of apps using iCloud storage.
- Delete All Photos: Tap on “Disable and Delete” to remove all photos from iCloud Photo Library. This will also remove them from your iPhone if you are connected to the internet.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party App
If you prefer using third-party apps, there are several available on the App Store that can help you delete all photos from your iPhone. Here’s a general guide for using such an app:
- Search for an App: Open the App Store and search for an app that specializes in managing and deleting photos.
- Install and Open the App: Once you find a suitable app, install it and open it on your iPhone.
- Select All Photos: The app should provide an option to select all photos in your library. Use this option to mark all photos for deletion.
- Delete Selected Photos: Once all photos are selected, follow the app’s instructions to delete them. The process may vary depending on the app you choose.
By following these methods, you can easily delete all photos on your iPhone. Whether you prefer using the built-in Photos app or opt for a third-party solution, make sure to back up any important photos before proceeding with the deletion process.