Creating Widgets on iPhone
Widgets are a great way to access important information and perform quick actions without having to open an app on your iPhone. With the release of iOS 14, Apple introduced a new feature that allows users to customize their home screen with widgets. In this tutorial, we will learn how to create widgets on iPhone.
Step 1: Update your iPhone to iOS 14 or later
Before you can create widgets on your iPhone, make sure you have updated your device to iOS 14 or later. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, tap on “Download and Install” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Add a Widget to your home screen
To add a widget to your home screen, follow these steps:
1. Long-press an empty space on your home screen until the apps start jiggling. 2. Tap the “+” icon in the top-left corner of the screen. 3. Scroll through the list of available widgets or use the search bar at the top. 4.
Tap on a widget that you want to add. 5. Choose the desired widget size (if available) and tap “Add Widget”. 6. Drag and drop the widget to your desired location on the home screen. 7. Tap “Done” in the top-right corner of the screen.
Note: Some apps may offer multiple widget sizes, allowing you to choose between different layouts and information displays.
Step 3: Customize Widget Stack (optional)
iOS 14 also introduced Widget Stacks, which allow you to stack multiple widgets together for easy access. To customize a Widget Stack, follow these steps:
1. Long-press a widget stack on your home screen until it expands. Tap “Edit Stack”.
3. Drag and drop widgets within the stack to rearrange their order. Tap “Done” when you’re finished.
Step 4: Edit Widget Options (optional)
Certain widgets may offer customization options, such as changing the displayed information or adjusting settings. To edit widget options, follow these steps:
1. Long-press a widget on your home screen until it expands. Tap “Edit Widget” or the gear icon (if available). Adjust the settings according to your preferences.
Note: The available customization options depend on the app and widget you are editing.
– To remove a widget from your home screen, long-press it until the options menu appears, then tap “Remove Widget”.
– You can have multiple pages of widgets on your home screen by swiping left or right.
– Widgets can also be added to the Today View by swiping right on your home screen or lock screen and tapping “Edit”.
- Widgets for Productivity
- Calendar: Display upcoming events and appointments.
- Notes: Access quick notes or create new ones.
- Reminders: View and manage your to-do lists.
- Widgets for Communication
- Mail: Check your inbox and compose new emails.
- Messages: See recent conversations and send messages.
- Phone: Dial contacts directly from the widget.
- Widgets for Health
- Activity Rings: Monitor your daily activity progress.
- Sleep: Track your sleep patterns and set sleep goals.
- Workout: Start a workout or view recent activity.
With the introduction of widgets in iOS 14, iPhone users can now personalize their home screens and access important information at a glance. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily create and customize widgets to suit your needs.
Experiment with different widget sizes and arrange them in stacks for a truly personalized experience. Unlock the full potential of your iPhone’s home screen with widgets!