Welcome to this tutorial on how to change wallpaper on Mac! Changing your desktop background is a great way to personalize your Mac and give it a fresh look.
In this article, we will walk you through the steps to change wallpaper on your Mac using different methods. Let’s dive in!
Method 1: System Preferences
The first method we’ll cover is changing the wallpaper through System Preferences.
- Step 1: Open the Apple menu by clicking on the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Step 2: Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: In the System Preferences window, click on “Desktop & Screen Saver.”
- Step 4: Choose the “Desktop” tab if it’s not already selected.
- Step 5: Here, you can select from the pre-installed wallpapers on your Mac by clicking on one of the options on the left side.
- You can use the scroll bar to browse through different categories such as Nature, Solid Colors, and more.
- If you prefer to use your own image as wallpaper, click on the “+” button at the bottom left and navigate to locate your desired image file.
- Note: You can also add folders containing images for a dynamic wallpaper experience by selecting “Folder” instead of an image file.
Method 2: Contextual Menu
If you want a quick way to change your wallpaper without navigating through System Preferences, you can use the contextual menu.
- Step 1: Find an image file or a folder containing images on your Mac that you want to set as the wallpaper.
- Step 2: Right-click (or control-click) on the selected image or folder.
- Step 3: From the contextual menu, hover over “Services” and then click on “Set Desktop Picture.”
Method 3: Photos App
If you have synced your photos with iCloud, you can change your wallpaper using the Photos app. This method is especially useful if you want to use one of your own photos as wallpaper.
- Step 1: Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Step 2: Locate the photo you want to set as wallpaper and open it.
- Step 3: In the menu bar at the top, click on “Image” and then select “Set Desktop Picture.”
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to change wallpaper on Mac using different methods.
Whether you prefer using System Preferences, the contextual menu, or even through the Photos app, personalizing your Mac’s desktop background has never been easier. Have fun exploring various wallpapers and make your Mac truly yours!