Google Maps is an essential tool for navigating through unfamiliar territories. Whether you’re planning a road trip or simply trying to find your way around town, Google Maps provides accurate directions and real-time traffic updates. In this tutorial, we will learn how to change the route on Google Maps for Android devices.
Step 1: Open Google Maps
To begin, locate and tap the Google Maps icon on your Android device’s home screen or app drawer. If you don’t have Google Maps installed, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Enter Your Destination
Once you have opened Google Maps, tap the search bar at the top of the screen. Here, you can enter your desired destination.
- Enter a specific address: Type in the full address of your destination.
- Select a point of interest: You can search for popular landmarks or businesses.
- Determine a general area: If you’re not sure about the exact location, enter a city or neighborhood name.
Step 3: Choose Your Preferred Route
After entering your destination, Google Maps will display multiple routes to choose from. To view these routes, tap the “Directions” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Selecting different modes of transportation: By default, Google Maps will show driving directions. However, you can select other modes of transportation such as walking, public transit, or cycling by tapping the respective icons.
- View alternate routes: To explore alternative routes, swipe left or right on the screen.
Step 4: Change Your Route
If you want to change your route, follow these steps:
- Tap on the desired route: Each route will be displayed with an estimated travel time and distance. Tap on the route you prefer.
- Review step-by-step directions: Google Maps will provide detailed turn-by-turn instructions for your chosen route.
Scroll through the directions to get familiar with them.
- Select an alternative route: If you’re not satisfied with the selected route, tap the “Alternative routes” button located above the turn-by-turn directions. This will display other available routes for you to choose from.
- Avoid tolls or highways: If you have specific preferences, tap the “Options” button located next to “Alternative routes“. Here, you can check or uncheck options such as “Avoid tolls” or “Avoid highways”.
- Add multiple destinations: If you need to add more than one stop along your route, tap the “Add stop” option and enter the additional destination in the search bar.
Step 5: Start Navigation
Once you have chosen your preferred route, tap the ““Start”” button at the bottom of the screen. Google Maps will now begin providing turn-by-turn voice guidance to help you reach your destination.
That’s it! You have successfully learned how to change the route on Google Maps for Android. Now you can easily navigate to your desired location using the route of your choice.
Remember, Google Maps offers plenty of additional features, such as real-time traffic updates, satellite imagery, and street view. Don’t hesitate to explore and make the most out of this powerful navigation tool!