How to Change Pop Up Blocker on Mac
Pop-up windows can sometimes be annoying, but they can also be helpful in certain situations. If you are using a Mac and want to change the pop-up blocker settings, we’ve got you covered. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to change the pop-up blocker on your Mac.
Step 1: Launching Safari
If you are using Safari as your default browser, follow these steps:
- Click on the Safari icon in your dock or locate it in your Applications folder.
- Select Safari from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose Preferences from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Accessing Security Preferences
To access the pop-up blocker settings in Safari, you need to go to the Security preferences:
- Navigate to the Security tab by clicking on it.
- Select Block pop-up windows to enable the pop-up blocker. If it is already checked, then it is already enabled.
- Deselect Block pop-up windows if you want to disable the pop-up blocker.
Step 3: Customizing Pop-Up Blocker Settings (Optional)
If you want more control over which websites are allowed or blocked from displaying pop-ups, follow these additional steps:
Add Websites to Allow List:
- Select Manage Website Settings..
- Locate the website you want to allow pop-ups from.
- Select the dropdown menu next to it and choose Allow.
- Close the preferences window when you’re done.
Add Websites to Block List:
- Select Manage Website Settings.
- Locate the website you want to block pop-ups from.
- Select the dropdown menu next to it and choose Block.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed your pop-up blocker settings on your Mac. Now you can enjoy a more personalized browsing experience without intrusive pop-up windows.
Please note that these instructions may vary slightly depending on the version of Safari or other browsers you are using on your Mac. However, most modern browsers follow similar procedures for adjusting pop-up blocker settings.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. Happy browsing!