Have you ever wondered how to change your Caller ID on your iPhone? Well, you’re in luck!
In this article, we will walk you through the steps to change your Caller ID and customize the name or number that appears when you make a call. So let’s dive right in!
Step 1: Open Settings
To change your Caller ID on an iPhone, start by opening the “Settings” app on your home screen. Look for the gear icon and tap on it to access the settings menu.
Step 2: Tap on Phone
Once you’re in the settings menu, scroll down until you see the “Phone” option. It should be located below “Control Center” and above “Messages.” Tap on it to proceed.
Step 3: Select ‘Show My Caller ID’
In the Phone settings menu, locate and tap on the “Show My Caller ID” option. This is where you can customize how your caller ID appears when making calls.
If this option is grayed out or not available, it may be because of certain carrier restrictions. In such cases, contact your mobile service provider for assistance.
Step 4: Toggle ‘Show My Caller ID’ On/Off
On the “Show My Caller ID” screen, you will find a toggle switch next to the text that says “Show My Caller ID.” By default, it is turned on. To change your caller ID settings, simply tap on this toggle switch to turn it off.
- Bold Text: The toggle switch should now appear grayed out when turned off.
- Underlined Text: When your caller ID is turned off, your phone number or name will not be displayed on the recipient’s device when you make a call.
Step 5: Customize Your Caller ID Display
Now that you have turned off your caller ID, you can customize how it appears when making calls. Instead of displaying your phone number or name, you can choose to display any other information you prefer. Here’s how:
- Bold Text: Tap on the “Caller ID” option located just below the toggle switch.
- Underlined Text: On the “Caller ID” screen, select one of the available options:
- Bold Text: Default: This option displays your phone number as your caller ID.
- Underlined Text: Hide Number: This option hides your caller ID completely and displays “Unknown” or “Blocked” on the recipient’s device.
- Bold Text: Custom Name: This option allows you to enter a custom name or text that will be displayed as your caller ID.
Step 6: Save Your Changes
After selecting your preferred caller ID display option, tap on the “Bold Text: Done” button located in the top-right corner of the screen. Your changes will be saved automatically.
Please keep in mind that changing your caller ID settings may not always work for all types of calls. Some calls, such as emergency services or toll-free numbers, may still display your original caller information regardless of these settings.
That’s it! You have successfully changed your caller ID on your iPhone.
Now, when you make a call, your customized caller ID will be displayed instead of your phone number or name. Enjoy the flexibility and privacy that comes with customizing your caller ID!
We hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us.