In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of changing the keyboard language on your Mac. Whether you need to type in a different language or want to switch to a different keyboard layout, learning how to change the keyboard language on your Mac can be incredibly useful.
Step 1: Open System Preferences
To begin, click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Command + Space and type “System Preferences” to open it using Spotlight search.
Step 2: Select Keyboard
In the System Preferences window, locate and click on the Keyboard icon. This will open the Keyboard settings.
Step 3: Add a New Keyboard Language
In the Keyboard settings window, navigate to the Input Sources tab. Here, you will find a list of all the languages and keyboards that are currently available on your Mac.
- To add a new keyboard language, click on the “+” button located at the bottom left corner of the window. This will open a list of available languages.
- Select your desired language from the list.
You can search for it by typing in its name or scroll through the options manually.
- If there are multiple keyboard layouts available for that language, you can select one by checking its box. This allows you to choose between different variations of keyboards for that specific language.
- Finally, click on Add to add the selected keyboard language to your Mac.
Step 4: Switch Between Keyboard Languages
Once you have added a new keyboard language, you can easily switch between languages while typing.
- To switch to a different keyboard language, click on the Input menu icon in the top-right corner of your screen. It is represented by a flag or an abbreviation that represents the current keyboard language.
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of all the available keyboard languages. Simply click on the language you want to switch to, and your keyboard language will change accordingly.
Keyboard Language Shortcut:
If you prefer using shortcuts, you can also use Command + Space to quickly switch between keyboard languages without opening the Input menu every time. This shortcut allows for seamless transitions between different languages while working on your Mac.
Changing the keyboard language on your Mac is a simple process that can greatly enhance your typing experience. By following these steps, you can easily add and switch between different languages and keyboard layouts on your Mac.
Remember, having the ability to type in multiple languages can be especially useful when communicating with others or working on multilingual projects. So go ahead and explore different keyboard languages on your Mac!