Changing folder colors on Mac can help you organize your files and folders in a visually appealing and efficient way. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to change folder colors on your Mac using a simple and easy method.
Step 1: Download and Install Folder Color
To change folder colors on your Mac, you will need to download and install a third-party application called Folder Color. This application allows you to customize the color of your folders with just a few clicks.
Follow these steps to download and install Folder Color:
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to the official website of Folder Color.
- Click on the “Download” button to start downloading the application.
- Locate the downloaded file on your Mac and double-click it to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Step 2: Launch Folder Color
Once you have successfully installed Folder Color, follow these steps to launch the application:
- Navigate to your Applications folder.
- Locate the Folder Color application icon.
- Double-click on the icon to open Folder Color.
Step 3: Select a Folder
In this step, we will select a folder that you want to change the color of:
- Navigate to the folder that you wish to change the color of.
- Right-click on the folder to open the context menu.
- Select “Colorize” from the context menu.
Step 4: Choose a Color
Now it’s time to choose a color for your folder:
- In the Folder Color application window, you will see a variety of colors to choose from.
- Select the desired color by clicking on it.
Step 5: Apply the Color Change
In this final step, we will apply the color change to your selected folder:
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- Navigate back to your Finder window, and you will see that your selected folder’s color has been changed.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the color of a folder on your Mac using Folder Color.
Repeat these steps for any other folders you want to customize with different colors. Enjoy organizing your files in style!
Note: If you ever want to revert back to the default folder color, simply select “Reset” in the Folder Color application for the specific folder.