In this tutorial, we will explain how to cast to a Roku TV from an Android device without using Wi-Fi. This method is useful when you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network but still want to enjoy your favorite content on a bigger screen.
Casting to Roku TV
Casting allows you to stream content from your Android device to your Roku TV. Typically, casting requires both devices to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. However, there is a workaround that allows you to cast without using Wi-Fi.
Before we start, make sure you have the following:
- An Android device with the casting feature
- A Roku TV with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable
Steps to Cast without Wi-Fi
To cast to your Roku TV from your Android device without Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Roku TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Android device using an appropriate adapter if necessary.
- On your Roku TV, go to “Settings” and select “System”.
- Choose “Screen mirroring” and set it to either “Prompt” or “Always allow”. This will enable screen mirroring on your Roku TV.
- On your Android device, go to “Settings” and select “Display”.
- Tap on “Cast screen” or “Wireless display”, depending on your device.
- Select your Roku TV from the list of available devices.
- Your Android device screen should now be mirrored on your Roku TV. You can navigate and control the content on your Android device, and it will be displayed on the TV.
That’s it! You have successfully casted to your Roku TV from your Android device without using Wi-Fi. Enjoy watching your favorite movies, videos, or photos on the big screen.
Casting to a Roku TV from an Android device without Wi-Fi is a convenient way to enjoy content when you don’t have access to a wireless network. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily set up and start casting to your Roku TV using just an HDMI cable and your Android device.
Note: Keep in mind that some apps or streaming services may require an internet connection for content playback, even when casting via HDMI.
Disclaimer: This method may not work with all Android devices or Roku TV models. It is recommended to check your device’s compatibility and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific details.