Spam texts can be annoying and intrusive. They not only clutter your inbox but also consume your precious time.
Fortunately, Android devices offer several effective methods to block spam texts and regain control over your messages. In this tutorial, we will explore different techniques to block spam texts on Android.
Method 1: Using the Default Messaging App
If you are using the default messaging app on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Messaging App: Locate the messaging app icon on your home screen or app drawer and tap on it.
- Access Message Settings: Once you are inside the messaging app, tap on the three-dot menu icon located in the top-right corner of the screen. From the dropdown menu, select “Settings”.
- Block Numbers: In the settings menu, look for an option called “Blocked Contacts” or “Block Numbers”.
Tap on it to access the list of blocked contacts.
- Add Number to Block List: To add a number to the block list, tap on the plus icon or “+”. You can then enter the phone number manually or select it from your contacts.
- Confirm Blocking: After entering or selecting a phone number, tap on “Block” or “OK” to confirm that you want to block that particular number.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
If your default messaging app does not have built-in spam blocking features, you can use third-party apps specifically designed for blocking spam texts. Follow these steps:
- Select a Third-Party App: Visit the Google Play Store and search for “spam blocker” or “SMS blocker”. Choose an app that has good reviews and ratings.
- Install the App: Tap on the app you have selected and click on the “Install” button. Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Grant Permissions: Once installed, open the app and grant any necessary permissions it requires to function properly.
- Configure Settings: Depending on the app you choose, you may need to configure certain settings like blocking specific keywords or phrases.
- Add Numbers to Block List: In most third-party apps, you can manually add numbers or import them from your contacts to create a block list.
Method 3: Contact Your Service Provider
If spam texts persist even after using the above methods, it is recommended to contact your service provider. They may have additional measures in place to help you block spam texts effectively.
Tips to Avoid Spam Texts
To minimize the chances of receiving spam texts, consider following these tips:
- Avoid Sharing Your Number: Be cautious while sharing your phone number online or with unknown sources.
- Avoid Responding: Responding to spam texts may confirm that your number is active, leading to more spam messages. Avoid interacting with unknown numbers.
- Enable Spam Filters: Check if your messaging app has built-in spam filters and enable them for enhanced protection against unwanted messages.
Congratulations! You now know how to block spam texts on Android using various methods. Whether you prefer using the default messaging app or opting for third-party solutions, take control of your inbox and enjoy a spam-free texting experience.