Spam calls can be incredibly annoying, interrupting your day and wasting your time. Fortunately, there are several ways to block spam calls on your Android device. In this tutorial, we will explore different methods to help you put an end to those pesky unwanted calls.
Method 1: Use the built-in call blocking feature
If you have a newer version of Android, you may have a built-in call blocking feature that allows you to block specific numbers or all unknown numbers. Here’s how you can access and use this feature:
- Open the Phone app: Locate and open the default Phone app on your Android device.
- Go to Settings: Tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Select Call Blocking: Look for an option called “Call Blocking” or “Blocked Numbers” and tap on it.
- Add numbers to block: In this section, you can add specific numbers that you want to block or enable the option to block all unknown callers.
This method works well for blocking individual numbers or preventing calls from unknown callers. However, it doesn’t provide advanced filtering options or real-time spam detection.
Method 2: Install a third-party call-blocking app
If you want more control over blocking spam calls, consider installing a dedicated call-blocking app from the Google Play Store. These apps offer additional features such as community-based spam databases, automatic call screening, and customizable blocking rules. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store: Locate and open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for call-blocking apps: Use the search bar to search for “call blocker” or “spam call blocker” apps.
- Select an app: Browse through the available options, read reviews, and select an app that suits your needs.
- Install the app: Tap on the “Install” button to download and install the selected app on your device.
- Follow the app’s instructions: Once installed, open the app and follow its setup instructions to enable call blocking and configure any desired settings.
Third-party call-blocking apps provide more advanced features for blocking spam calls. They often use crowdsourced data to identify spam callers and offer customizable options to block or redirect calls.
Method 3: Contact your service provider
If you’re still receiving a significant number of spam calls despite using built-in features or third-party apps, it may be worth contacting your service provider. Some providers offer additional call-blocking services or can assist in reducing spam calls. Here’s how you can reach out to your service provider:
- Find contact information: Look for the customer support contact information of your service provider. This can usually be found on their website or in your account details.
- Call or message customer support: Use the provided contact information to reach out to customer support via phone or messaging.
- Explain the issue: Clearly explain that you are receiving a high volume of spam calls and ask if they have any additional measures or services to help block these calls.
Your service provider may have additional options or settings to help reduce spam calls, such as network-level call filtering or advanced call blocking features.
Blocking spam calls on your Android device is essential to maintain your privacy and peace of mind. With the built-in call blocking feature, third-party apps, and assistance from your service provider, you can effectively combat those unwanted calls. Choose the method that best suits your needs and enjoy a quieter phone experience!