In this tutorial, we will learn how to block incoming calls on Android. Whether you want to avoid spam calls or simply need some peace and quiet, blocking unwanted calls can be a useful feature. Luckily, Android provides multiple methods to achieve this.
Method 1: Using the Phone App
If you don’t want to install any third-party apps, you can use the built-in phone app on your Android device.
- Open the Phone App: Locate the phone app on your home screen or app drawer and tap on it.
- Access Call Settings: Once the phone app is open, tap on the three-dot menu icon at the top-right corner of the screen. From the dropdown menu, select “Settings”.
- Select Blocked Numbers: In the settings menu, scroll down and find “Blocked numbers” or a similar option.
- Add Numbers to Block: Tap on “Blocked numbers” and select “Add a number”.
Enter the phone number you want to block and tap “Block”. Repeat this step for each number you want to block.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
If you prefer more advanced features or a simpler interface, there are several third-party apps available for blocking calls on Android. Here are some popular options:
- Truecaller: Truecaller is a widely-used app that not only blocks unwanted calls but also identifies incoming calls from unknown numbers. It has a large database of spam callers and allows users to report new spam numbers.
- Calls Blacklist – Call Blocker: This app offers various blocking methods, including blocking calls from private or unknown numbers, blocking calls during certain hours, and creating a whitelist of allowed contacts.
Number: Mr. Number provides call and text blocking features along with a caller ID service. It allows users to create custom block lists and also offers a community-driven spam protection feature.
Method 3: Do Not Disturb Mode
If you want to block all incoming calls temporarily without specifying specific numbers, you can use the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- Access Sound & Notification Settings: Open the Settings app on your Android device and select “Sound & notification” or a similar option.
- Select Do Not Disturb: In the sound settings menu, find “Do not disturb” or “Notifications” and tap on it.
- Enable Do Not Disturb: Toggle the switch to enable Do Not Disturb mode. You can choose to allow exceptions for certain contacts or customize other settings as per your preference.
By following these methods, you can effectively block incoming calls on your Android device. Whether you choose to use the built-in phone app, third-party apps, or the Do Not Disturb mode, these options provide flexibility and control over unwanted calls. Enjoy a more peaceful mobile experience!