In this tutorial, we will learn how to automatically forward text messages from your Android phone to another phone. This can be useful in a variety of scenarios, such as when you want to keep a backup of your messages on another device or when you need to monitor incoming messages on multiple devices.
Step 1: Install and Set Up an SMS Forwarding App
To get started, we need to find and install an SMS forwarding app from the Google Play Store. There are several apps available for this purpose, but for this tutorial, we will use the popular app called “SMS Forwarder.”
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Search for “SMS Forwarder” in the search bar.
- Select the “SMS Forwarder” app from the search results and tap on “Install” to download and install it on your device.
Step 2: Grant Permissions
After installing the SMS Forwarder app, we need to grant it certain permissions to access our text messages and forward them. Follow these steps:
- Open the SMS Forwarder app from your app drawer.
- You will be prompted to grant various permissions. Tap on “Allow” or “Grant” for each permission request.
- The app will most likely ask for permission to access your contacts as well. Grant this permission if required.
Step 3: Configure Message Forwarding Settings
Now that we have installed and granted necessary permissions to the SMS Forwarder app, let’s configure its settings:
- Launch the SMS Forwarder app from your app drawer.
- Tap on the three-line menu icon in the top-left corner to open the app’s menu.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- In the settings, you will find options to configure message forwarding rules. For example, you can choose to forward messages from specific contacts or all incoming messages.
- Tap on the option that suits your requirement and configure it accordingly.
- Next, enter the phone number of the device where you want to forward your messages. You may also need to specify any additional settings as per your preference.
Step 4: Test Message Forwarding
Once you have configured the message forwarding settings in the SMS Forwarder app, it’s time to test if it’s working correctly:
- Send a text message to your Android phone from another device or ask a friend to send you a test message.
- If everything is set up correctly, you should receive the forwarded message on the device you specified in Step 3.
If you are not receiving forwarded messages, double-check that your forwarding settings are correct and that there are no network or connectivity issues between both devices. You may also need to ensure that your Android device has an active internet connection for message forwarding to work properly.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned how to automatically forward text messages from your Android phone to another device.
This can be a handy feature when you want to keep track of your messages across multiple devices or have a backup of important conversations. Enjoy exploring this functionality!