Do you often find yourself manually updating apps on your Android device? Well, fret not!
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to auto-update apps on your Android, saving you time and effort. Let’s get started!
By enabling auto-update, you allow your Android device to automatically download and install app updates as soon as they become available. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Step 2: Tap on the menu icon (usually three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- Step 4: Tap on “Auto-update apps”.
- Note: If you want to enable auto-updates only when connected to Wi-Fi, select “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”.
- Note: If you have limited mobile data, choose “Don’t auto-update apps” to prevent automatic updates when using cellular data.
- Step 5: Choose your preferred option: “Over any network”, “Over Wi-Fi only”, or “Ask before updating”.
Disabling Auto-Update for Specific Apps
If you want more control over which apps are automatically updated, you can disable auto-update for specific apps. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store app.
- Step 2: Tap on the menu icon.
- Step 3: Go to “My apps & games”.
- Step 4: Select the “Installed” tab.
- Step 5: Scroll through the list of installed apps and find the app you want to disable auto-update for.
- Step 6: Tap on the app, and then tap on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 7: Uncheck the “Enable auto-update” option.
Manually Updating Apps
If you prefer to manually update your apps, you can do so easily through the Google Play Store.
- Note: If updates are available, you will see a number indicating how many updates are pending next to “Updates” at the top of the screen.
To update all apps at once:
- Step a:Tap on “Updates”.
To update individual apps:
- Note: If an individual app has an update available, you will see an “Update” button next to the app name.
That’s it! You are now equipped with the knowledge to automatically update apps on your Android device. Whether you choose to enable auto-update or manually update your apps, keeping them up to date ensures you have access to the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes.
Remember, staying updated is essential for enhancing your app experience and maintaining the security of your device. Happy updating!