In case of an emergency, it is important to have your emergency contacts readily accessible on your Android device. Android provides a built-in feature that allows you to add emergency contacts, which can be accessed even when your phone is locked. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the steps to add emergency contacts on Android.
Step 1: Open the Contacts App
To begin, unlock your Android device and locate the Contacts app on your home screen or app drawer. Tap on it to open the app.
Step 2: Access Settings
Once you have opened the Contacts app, look for the three vertical dots or three horizontal lines icon usually located in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap on it to access the settings menu.
Step 3: Select ‘Emergency Contacts’
In the settings menu, scroll down until you find an option called ‘Emergency Contacts’. Tap on it to proceed.
Step 4: Add Emergency Contacts
In this section, you will see an option to ‘Add emergency contacts’. Tap on it and select the contact(s) you want to add from your existing list of contacts. You can add multiple contacts by tapping on each one individually.
- Note: Make sure the selected contact(s) have a valid phone number saved in their contact information.
- You can prioritize multiple emergency contacts by arranging them in order using drag and drop functionality.
- If a person has more than one phone number saved in their contact information, you will be prompted to choose the specific number you want to use for emergency calls.
Step 5: Save the Emergency Contacts
After selecting the contact(s), tap on the Save or Done button usually located in the top-right corner of the screen. Your emergency contacts will now be saved and accessible from your Android device’s lock screen.
- If your phone has a different version of Android or a custom user interface, the steps may vary slightly. However, most Android devices follow a similar process for adding emergency contacts.
- If you ever need to update or remove your emergency contacts, simply follow the same steps mentioned above and make the necessary changes.
Having emergency contacts readily available on your Android device can provide peace of mind and ensure that help is just a call away when needed. Take a few minutes to add your emergency contacts following this tutorial, and stay prepared for any unforeseen circumstances.
Remember, safety should always be a top priority!