Adding a widget to your iPhone can be a great way to enhance your home screen and increase productivity. With widgets, you can have quick access to important information or perform actions without opening specific apps. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding a widget to your iPhone.
Step 1: Accessing the Widget Gallery
To add a widget, start by unlocking your iPhone and navigating to the home screen. Swipe right to access the Today View, which is where you can find and manage your widgets.
Step 2: Choosing a Widget
Once you are in the Today View, scroll down until you see an “Edit” button at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it to enter the Edit mode.
In Edit mode, you will see a list of available widgets that you can add or remove from your Today View. These widgets are categorized based on their suggested apps.
Note: If you don’t see the app’s widget that you want to add in this list, make sure that the app is updated to its latest version as developers often release new widgets with app updates.
To add a widget, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Scroll through the list of available widgets and find the one you want to add.
- Step 2: Tap on the green “+” button next to the widget’s name. This will add it to your Today View.
- Step 3: Use the handles (three horizontal lines) on the right side of each widget’s name to rearrange their order within Today View. Simply tap and hold on the handle and drag it up or down to your desired position.
- Step 4: Tap on the red “-” button next to a widget’s name if you want to remove it from your Today View.
Step 3: Customizing Widget Sizes
Starting from iOS 14, you can also customize the size of certain widgets. To do this, follow these steps:
- Step 1: In Edit mode, tap on the “+” button at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Scroll through the available widget options until you find one that supports different sizes.
- Step 3: Tap on the widget to add it to your Today View in its default size.
- Step 4: After adding the widget, tap and hold on it until it enters “jiggle mode”.
- Step 5: Look for a small “Edit Widget” button at the top left corner of the widget and tap on it.
- Step 6: Choose your preferred size option from the available choices.
Congratulations! You’ve Added a Widget to Your iPhone
You have successfully added a widget to your iPhone’s Today View. You can now go back to your home screen and swipe right to access your newly added widget whenever you need quick access to information or actions provided by that particular app.
This is just one way you can personalize your iPhone and make it even more useful for your everyday needs. Explore different widgets and their customization options to create a home screen that reflects your style and enhances your productivity.